out of date; outdated; archaic; extinct; antiquated
distraught
supine
obsolete
dogmatic

THE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLS

the causes of deforestration | Speaking topics in TOEFLŪ
THE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLS #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 am   THE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLS

As far as the social problems which are widely prevalent in modern societies are concerned, oil spills indisputably stand out as the most widespread one. Even though most governments take measures to rout out oil spills, they are usually disappointed. In trying to understand and explain the cause of such problems, it is necessary to analyze the effects. Damage to sea animals and feather of birds, to poison animals and interrupt to animal breeding are the major effects of oil spills.

Damage to sea animals and feathers of birds can be considering as the most calamitous effect of oil spills. That is to say, spilled oil may endanger sea animals due to the fact that spilled oil spreads fast by winds and currents. For example, many years ago, thousands of dead fish were found throughout Marmara Sea because of spilled oil and nobody could prevent this terrible event. Moreover, many bird species may unable to fly by virtue of spilled oil which cover birds' feathers with oil slick. Therefore, these bird species can suffer from drowning or starvation.

Poisoning is also of importance as an effect of oil spills.It can be said that, animals trying to clean themselves or eating marine animals may be poisoned by spilled oil which have severe effects on animals' immune systems. According to the scientists, many animal species may become endangered because of poisoning infecting from spilled oil. Consequently, poisoning stemming from spilled oil influences animals fatally.

As for interruption to animal breeding, it can certainly be asserted that this impact tremendously resuts from oil spills. Spilled oil could deforme many animals eaten by other animals; thus, other ones cannot breed sufficiently. That is to say, lack of foods can interrupt breeding cycles which has an important role on ecology. For instance, oil spreading the ocean killed the organisms which fish feed on and the number of fish reduces fast. Therefore, such event affect animals to breed inadequately. As can be clearly seen, interruption to animal breeding is directly proportional with oil spills.

When all is considered, it is an obvious fact that harming to sea animals and feathers of birds, poisoning and destruction of animal breeding may have their origins in oil spills. The point to be emphasized is that people should know that unless they understand these effects, they will inevitably be faced with a great deal of problems.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention Cygnus X-1?
Hakan07

Re: THE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLS #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am   Re: THE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLS

Hakan07 wrote:
As far as the social problems which are widely prevalent in modern societies are concerned, oil spills indisputably stand out as the most widespread one. Even though most governments take measures to rout out oil spills, they are usually disappointed. In trying to understand and explain the cause of such problems, it is necessary to analyze the effects. Damage to sea animals and THE featherS of birds, to poisonING animals and interruptING animal breeding are the major effects of oil spills.

Damage to sea animals and feathers of birds can be considerED as the most calamitous effectS of oil spills. That is to say, spilled oil may endanger sea animals due to the fact that spilled oil IS spread fast by winds and currents. For example, many years ago, thousands of dead fish were found throughout Marmara Sea because of spilled oil and nobody could prevent this terrible event. Moreover, many bird species may BE unable to fly by virtue of spilled oil which cover birds' feathers. with oil slick. Therefore, these bird species can suffer from drowning or starvation.

Poisoning is also of importance as an effect of oil spills.It can be said that, animals trying to clean themselves or eating marine animals may be poisoned by spilled oil which have severe effects on animals' immune systems. According to the scientists, many animal species may become endangered because of poisoning infecting THEM from spilled oil. Consequently, poisoning stemming from spilled oil influences animals fatally.

As for interruption to animal breeding. It can certainly be asserted that this impactS tremendously resuLTING from oil spills. Spilled oil could deform many animals eaten by other animals; thus, other ones cannot breed sufficiently. That is to say, lack of foods can interrupt breeding cycles which has an important role on ecology. For instance, oil spreading ACROSS THE the ocean killed the organisms which fish feed on, and the number of fish reduces fast. Therefore, such eventS affect animals to breed inadequately. As can be clearly seen, interruption to animal breeding is directly proportional with oil spills.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A lot of work Hakan, but a little repetitive.

Kitos. 7.5/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?How a person look or dress is more important to one’s success than aComputersWhat person in history you would like to meetMany people visit museums when they go to new places.Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time jobTraveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustratingTHANK YOU A MILLION KITOS >:D<, I took my exam today.People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doingAdvertising: good-badMovies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing toScientists should be responsible for the negative impacts of their discoveries.Integrated task : The Altruism