sparing of words; terse; pithy; concise
exotic
laconic
artful
copious

People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? | THANK YOU A MILLION KITOS >:D<, I took my exam today.
People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:35 am   People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

Hi Kitos Sir will you please check this for me?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:

Life is challenging. In order to be successful in life, we face different obstacles on many fronts. Although we enjoy to do desirable things in our life, but sometimes we have to perform the things we usually don't like to do. The core of my perspective is personal, social and economical.
Personally, doing things we don't even care for shapes our character and helps us mature. For instance, when parents have their first baby, they sacrifice their freedom and spend time to look after the child. There are times when they don't get enough sleep and wake up early morning and get back to work regardless of being tired. Similarly, when students are in school, college or university, they need to spend time to their studies. In spite of being tempted to hangout with friends and going to parties, those who have self control and keep their priorities straight achieve high grades in their educational career.Through such life experiences they become more responsible, mature and career oriented.
Considering the social perspective, we live in an intractable world which imposes some obligations on us. Each one of us belongs to some social group and plays his part in different social circles. For instance, sometimes we have to attend birthday parties, weddings and funerals, no matter what our priorities are. Participating in such events teaches us to go beyond our selfish gains and share the happiness and sorrows of others. Moreover, when we work in some office or someone is supervising on us, we need to be patient. Sometimes, our boss yells at us and we want to react in the same way, at this point, we are helpless and are left with no choice except to absorb it. This leads us to the path of tolerance and forgiveness.
Financially speaking, we need to work and spend money in order to keep the local, national and international economy growing. We earn money to support our family in particular and our community in general. In fact most of us do tiresome jobs for more hours than we would like to do happily. What propels us to earn living is our financial needs, commitments and obligations. Only this way, we can enjoy a happy life and can save money for our retirement.
So the bottom line is life places various demands on us. Participating in and facing different challenges and activities whether pleasant or unpleasant, we can expose our unique character to the world and can enjoy a cheerful life.

TOEFL listening lectures: In October of which year did Vaudeville officially appear?
_________________
Never give up trying, if you want to achieve something in life.
Babo

Location: United states

Re: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:04 pm   Re: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

Babo wrote:

Life is challenging. In order to be successful in life, we face different obstacles on many fronts. Although we enjoy to always do desirable things in our life, sometimes we have to perform the things we usually don't like to do. The core of my perspective is personal, social and economical.

Personally, doing things we don't even care for shapes our character and helps us mature. For instance, when parents have their first baby, they sacrifice their freedom and spend time to look after the child. There are times when they don't get enough sleep and wake up early morning and GO back to work regardless of being tired. Similarly, when students are in school, college or university, they need to spend time AT their studies. In spite of being tempted to hangout with friends and going to parties, those who have self control and keep their priorities straight achieve high grades in their educational career.Through such life experiences they become more responsible, mature and career oriented.

Considering the social perspective; we live in an intractable world which imposes some obligations on us. Each one of us belongs to some social group and plays his part in different social circles. For instance, sometimes we have to attend birthday parties, weddings and funerals, no matter what our priorities are. Participating in such events teaches us to go beyond our selfish gains and share the happiness and sorrows of others. Moreover, when we work in some office or someone is supervising OVER us, we need to be patient. Sometimes, our boss yells at us and we want to react in the same way, at this point, we are helpless and are left with no choice except to absorb it. This leads us to the path of tolerance and forgiveness.

Financially speaking, we need to work and spend money in order to keep the local, national and international economy growing. We earn money to support our family in particular and our community in general. In fact most of us do tiresome jobs for more hours than we would like to do happily. What propels us to earn OUR living ARE our financial needs, commitments and obligations. IN this way, we can enjoy a happy life and can save money for our retirement.

So the bottom line is life places various demands on us. Participating in and facing different challenges and activities whether pleasant or unpleasant, we can expose our unique character to the world, and can enjoy a cheerful life.
.............................................................................................................................
Your best work to date Babo. Well done.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 22:48 pm   People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

Thank you Sir.
_________________
Babo

Location: United states

Should people visit museums when they travel to new places? and why?The extended family becomes less importwhether or not a person's character based on first impression is trustfulSome people argue that changes in agriculture such as factory farming and creatioTHE EFFECTS OF STRESSBig party or small party, which one do you want to hold?How a person look or dress is more important to one’s success than aComputersWhat person in history you would like to meetMany people visit museums when they go to new places.Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time jobTraveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustratingTHE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLS