to calm; to lessen in severity; to mollify; to relieve
reiterate
allay
exploit
condole

Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time job

Traveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustrating | Many people visit museums when they go to new places.
Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time job #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 am   Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time job

Dear Kitosdad

Could you please correct my essay?

Thank you in advanced. =)

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement. The best way that parents to help their teenager children to prepare the adult life is to support them to have a part-time job.

Children have many ways to realize the adult life. Some people think that there are many better avenues to realize the adult life rather than doing part-time jobs. However, others disagree with the idea. In my opinion, I think that having a part-time job is the best way for children to understand what is the adult life.

To begin with, doing part-time jobs can cultivate the concept of persistence in children’s mind. It is persistence that determines whether one could reach the final point on the road of success or not.
For example, my father always told me that people who want to get good achievements should remember that the key point is that whether they can keep going and don’t give up when facing any difficult things or not. One of his friends has followed this belief, and finally he becomes a famous cooker.

In addition, people can develop the skill about how to get along with other people. When doing part-time job, they have to face various colleagues and customers. Therefore, it is a good opportunity for them to practice how to be a good colleague and seller. Take me as an example. I ever served as a waiter in a cafeteria. To be a waiter in that cafeteria, our boss asked me that I should put the polite attitude as the first consideration and told me that customers always stand at the right position no matter what things happened. Through this experience, I know the ways to speak that can make other people feel comfortable. Consequently, my friendships are better than before.

What’s more, doing part-time job can train people to be more independent and enhance their ability about how to deal with anything. Since I got this part-time job in a cafeteria, many difficult things which I cannot handle them by myself before are easy for me now. During the period of having part-time job, I faced many unexpected situations and then should find some ways to solve them. In this process, I learned many experiences which could help me to overcome when encountering the same problems again. Many of my friends ever told me that they felt that I became more independent than before.

In conclusion, from I have discussed above, parents should encourage their children to have part-time jobs. By having part-time jobs, they can acquire the concept of persistence, establish good relationships and become more independent. All of these skills are very important when they enter in society.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a history class
Ipathigo

Re: Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time job #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm   Re: Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time job

Ipathigo wrote:
Dear Kitosdad

Could you please correct my essay?

Thank you in advanced. =)

To begin with, doing part-time jobs can cultivate the concept of persistence in children’s mindS. It is persistence that determines whether one could reach the final point on the road TO success or not.
For example, my father always told me that people who want to get good achievements should remember that the key point is that whether they can keep going and don’t give up when facing any difficult things or not. One of his friends has followed this belief, and finally he becAme a famous cooker.

In addition, people can develop the skill about how to get along with other people. When doing part-time job, they have to face various colleagues and customers. Therefore, it is a good opportunity for them to practice how to be a good colleague and seller. Take me as an example. I ONCE served as a waiter in a cafeteria. To be a waiter in that cafeteria, our boss asked me that I should put the politeNESS attitude as the first consideration, and told me that customers always stand at the right position SHOULD ALWAYS BE CONSIDERED TO BE RIGHR no matter what things HAS happened. Through this experience, I know the ways to speak that can make other people feel comfortable. Consequently, my friendships are better than before.

What’s more, doing part-time WORK can train people to be more independent and enhance their ability about how to deal with anything. Since I got this part-time job in a cafeteria, many difficult things which I COULD NOT handle them by myself before, are easy for me now. During the period of having THIS part-time job, I faced many unexpected situations and then should HAD TO find some ways to REsolve them. In this process, I learned many experiences which could help me to overcome when encountering the same problems again. Many of my friends eveN told me that they felt that I HAD becOme more independent than before.

In conclusion, from WHAT I have discussed above, parents should encourage their children to have part-time jobs. By having part-time jobs, they can acquire the concept of persistence, establish good relationships and become more independent. All of these skills are very important when they enter inTO society.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Quite interesting Ipathigo.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
whether or not a person's character based on first impression is trustfulSome people argue that changes in agriculture such as factory farming and creatioTHE EFFECTS OF STRESSWhat are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?How a person look or dress is more important to one’s success than aComputersWhat person in history you would like to meetTHANK YOU A MILLION KITOS >:D<, I took my exam today.People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doingTHE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLSthe causes of deforestrationAdvertising: good-badMovies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to