to reject; to renounce; to abandon; to give up
ingratiate
nettle
hail
abdicate

Computers

THANK YOU A MILLION KITOS >:D<, I took my exam today. | THE EFFECTS OF STRESS
Computers #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 14:40 pm   Computers

Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Computers have played a necessary role in our life. Although many people claim that computers could stress us out, I hold a firm belief that computers are the excellent assistant for some following reasons.

Firstly, computers help us to cut back on the money and space for storing information. Long time ago, we used the paper version of books, documents and etc... This toke us a backlog of printing costs, or rooms to save these thing. After we started using computer and trying to change the paper version into e version, we saw that it saves us thousands of dollars. To put it simply, a big case of hundreds book now take only 10 megabytes in the 1024 terabytes hard drive.

Above all, the reason why I state that computers help us to enjoy our life to the full is that computers have ability to do what a normal person could not do before. Take my personal situation for example. I love to discover the outer space, but I cannot do that because I am not the space explorer. After having the computer, I realize that I could go around the Mars and other planets easily by using a 3-d visualizing software.

In general, computer is a really important in our jobs, our studies or even our passions. By all the two specific reasons mentioned above, it is unquestionable to say that computers are vital means of the evolution in human society.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university arts lecture on Greek drama
Quang72

Computers #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 am   Computers

anyone help me please? Hi mr.kitosdad
Quang72

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Integrated EssayShould people visit museums when they travel to new places? and why?The extended family becomes less importwhether or not a person's character based on first impression is trustfulSome people argue that changes in agriculture such as factory farming and creatioWhat are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?always telling truth is the best choice ?Big party or small party, which one do you want to hold?How a person look or dress is more important to one’s success than aWhat person in history you would like to meetMany people visit museums when they go to new places.Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time jobTraveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustrating