provocation; insulting, jeering or bitter remark; mockery
exultation
luminary
prelude
taunt

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific deta

New | always telling the truth is the best choice? (2)
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific deta #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:06 pm   What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific deta

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important

When asked what are the most qualities of a good supervisor, different people may give a variety of responses, in hence of their own experiences. You can work in different companies, study in different Universities, consequently have supervisors with their own behaviors, but in my opinion there are some characteristics that the good supervisor have to gain, which I want to mention below.
First of all, in my understanding, he/she must be a qualified specialist. Everyone, of course, wants to be a supervisor more than a stuff worker. Therefore he/she had to pass some steps for growing up as a exalt specialist, and then become a chief. As the dean of my department said " You have to know the work of your staff better than they, otherwise when they will be in need, you can't be able to help them". There isn't infallible person, so each employee is able to do a mistake. On one hand, the good chief, at first will try to figure out the reason, explain and help his/her employee to handle difficulties. On other hand, what about a good and hardworking stuff? A good supervisor have to give them promotions, benefits, that will be a good example for others and they also will try to be as good as possible.

Second, the good supervisor has to be en industrious oneself. As the proverb says "Example is better than precept". Usually employees look at their chiefs, and if the boss wants his/her stuff be organized, he/she has to be a diligent, never be late or leave the workplace earlier. By setting a good example, supervisor teaches the stuff to be organized.
Third, finally the good supervisor has to show a strong sense of responsibility to his work and employee. Smile while greeting with stuff, make them more responsible to work and co-workers. Showing oneself responsible for the work and employee, the stuff usually love his/her boss and try to assimilate him/her and even they are ready to work overtime, if it is necessary.
In short, in my point of view,a good supervisor should have the features that are intrinsic for a person who love his work, his co-workers, is a excellent specialist and a friend, therefore he/she has to be a person whom the stuff will inspire with.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation about toys
Narat65

Re: What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific d #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am   Re: What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific d

Narat65 wrote:

When asked what are the most qualities of a good supervisor, different people may give a variety of responses, in LIGHT of their own experiences. You can work in different companies, study in different Universities, consequently have supervisors with their own behaviors, but in my opinion there are some characteristics that the good supervisor have to gain, which I want to mention below.

First of all, in my understanding, he/she must be a qualified specialist. Everyone, of course, wants to be a supervisor more than a stAff worker. Therefore he/she haS to pass some steps for growing up TO BECOME aN exaltED specialist, and then become a chief. As the dean of my department said " You have to know the work of your staff better than they, otherwise when they will be in need, you WON'T be able to help them". There isn't AN infallible person, so each employee is able to MAKE a mistake. On THE one hand, the good chief, at first will try to figure out the reason, explain and help his/her employee to handle difficulties. On THE other hand, what about a good and hard-working stAff? A good supervisor HAS to give them promotions AND benefits, that will be a good example for others, and they also will try to be as good as possible.

Second, the good supervisor has to be en industrious HIMself. As the proverb says "Example is better than precept". Usually employees look at their chiefs, and if the boss wants his/her stAff be organized, he/she has to be a diligent, never be late or leave the workplace earlier. By setting a good example, A supervisor teaches the stAff to be organized.

Third, finally the good supervisor has to show a strong sense of responsibility to his work and employeeS. Smile while greeting with stAff, make them more responsible to THEIR work and co-workers. Showing oneself responsible for the work and employee, the stAff usually love his/her boss and try to assimilate him/her and even they are ready to work overtime, if it is necessary.

In short, FROM my point of view, a good supervisor should have the features that are intrinsic for a person who loveS his work, his co-workers, is aN excellent specialist and a friend, therefore he/she has to be a person whom the stAff will BECOME inspireD with.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good work Narat.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Re: What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific d #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2011 14:14 pm   Re: What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific d

Hi dear teacher thank you for your help.
Narat65

Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualitie #4 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2011 14:21 pm   Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualitie

As we all know neighbors are the people who live near us and consequently we share with them our daily life. When we want to rent or buy a house, we surely look for a place that are not far from our workplace, but undoubtedly the most important thing that we are looking for is having a good neighborhood. So, who are our neighbors? They are diverse people with their own habits and behaviors and they have their invisible impact on us. Good neighbors can make us feel comfortable and give us much support and everyone would benefit from a good relationship with them. In my point of view, these are the qualities of a good neighbor.
One of the most important characteristics of a good neighbors is that they are well-behaved and are friendly to others. Imagine yourself, in the morning, when you are going to work, a friendly smile and wishing good luck from your neighbor make you feel self-confident, and surely you try to detour meeting with a bad person, like when you see a "black cat crossing your way". Moreover, children are most likely to be influenced by neighbors and carry on habits that they have. Therefore, we feel more comfortable with having good neighbors, knowing that our children are in safe environment.
Another important quality of a good neighbor is that they should be helpful. In our daily life we may be forced with different kinds of difficulties or troublesome situations, that we can't resolve ourselves. In the current situation, the first person who comes to our mind is often our good neighbor, who can probably give us the quickest back up. That's why in some cases good neighbors are as important as relatives for us, because they can provide an immediate help. And definitely if we need to have a good neighbor, in the same way, a neighbor likes to get feedback from us.
In a conclusion, I want to add the proverb: "It's better to have one good neighbor next to you, than ten good relatives far from you". The best way to have a good neighbor, is by being good ones ourselves. We can't demand others to do something for us, if we don't offer to do it for them, as in any cases we are neighbors for them.
In sum, I think that for having or being good neighbor, characteristics that qualify good behaviors are important qualities for feeling that you are in your comfort zone.
Narat65

always telling the truth is the best choice? #5 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2011 22:27 pm   always telling the truth is the best choice?

Telling the truth is one of the most important and positive characteristics of human being. Of course, some may claim that a bit lie will never harm, maybe will help in some cases, but I strongly oppose this attitude for these reasons:
First of all, lei changes your behaviors. Once during our philosophy lesson in school we discussed how much are people lying and what are the reasons and results. What was an interesting fact that all of us agree that there aren't any one who never deceived. Aftermath only for being an ordinary people you have to try that your lei was small and not to harm anyone, and you have to try that it won't overpass ten times a weak. And so, we decided to continue our discussion after a weak. I surely remember that weak, that I tried to think while speaking, trying to keep myself in the limit of ten. It was not so easy, as I think before, but I remember that lesson during entire time of my life. Once you deceive a word to your friend, then something more important to your parents and teachers and after a wile you realize that defrauding is a part of your nature, your main feature and you can't stop, can't live without it. Consequently lying changes your personality, your believes and it is as an incurable disease.
Secondly, when you lie, it doesn't matter what purpose you have, you harm someone. In my home country usually people and even doctors trying to escape giving the real answer to their patients. "The lei has a short life" is a good adage and you don't have any rights do to decide which one is more harmful the lei or the truth.
Third, I think nobody wants to cooperate, work or spend a time with a person who usually lies. On one hand you try to avoid meeting them, sharing your time with them, on the other hand even when they are truly in need you are not sure is it a reality or again false, give a hand or ignore. Consequently it's very difficult for a person who used to lie make a good carrier, have a real friendship.
In sum, deceiving is a process which begins from a small one and grew up and destroy our life, our future. I am a mother and have two children and I always tell them that it's better for me to know the truth than know about it later, that will harm me more.
Narat65

Compare the advantages of three medias for communicating inforIs it better to enjoy your money when you earn itNguyenTrg and I suggest 1000 blessing for kitos. Please join us.Pray for you, my dear friend, Kitoscomputers have made life easier and more convenient?Whether holding a big party is better than a small party?It has been said “not everything that is learned is contained in books”.Statement of Purpose Essay needs to be checked :)Movies and TVs should show audiences rewards and punishmentsUrban areas are developing very fast. Some people think new buildings in urban arInternet regulationAdvertisements contain more manipulationthan information.Do you agree or disagreit is more important to have the rules about the types of clothing that people ar