to declare sacred; to dedicate; to bless
raze
reverberate
frustrate
consecrate

Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons o

Welcome back Sir | Advantages of having american roommate in american university.
Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons o #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 23, 2011 18:35 pm   Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons o

Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons or individual countries. In other words, it is an international problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The problems of the environment have become very notorious for the present civilisation. Unfortunately, people are witnesses of completely desolate, spoiled territories and very changeable climate. As a result, the world aspires to unify efforts of each country and every person in a fight with global problems of the environment. At the same time, it would not be a democratic discussion if some negative tendencies were overlooked, for instance, that there are many speculations about ecological problems because it has become very prestigious and beneficial to protect the environment.
It is important to clarify and define the key problems of the environment. There are many serious changes in the global climate, for instance, the vast glaciers in the pole regions have been melting. At the same time, this process endangers many countries, which are situated near the sea. The problem is that melted ice enhances the danger of devastating flooding.
The present situation with the environment dictates the importance of finding solutions to this problem. In many countries, there are a significant number of non-governmental organisations, which have as an aim to protect the ecological system. However, as it was mentioned above the negative processes in the world are so global and intensive that local non-governmental organisations are not able to be so effective. This is the main reason, which has provoked strained deliberations between many countries, and this dialog has helped them to arrive at the decision that it is very important to unify global efforts. There is a considerable number of many positive examples of this work. For instance, the UN is an organisation, which is very successful in the protection of the environment.
Each discussion should be comprehensive, and this is the reason why there should be introduced pole facts and opinions. Unfortunately, the issue of the environment attracts many organisations which aim is not to protect the ecological balance on the Earth. This situation provokes many speculations in this field. For instance, reading newspapers people may see much evidence when politicians receiving additional points used the problems of the environment or the facts when the money were destined for the environment were stolen by dishonest officials. Fortunately, this trend does not outweigh the positive effect of global efforts, which are connected, with the protection of the ecological system.
In the conclusion, it is important to highlight the key points of the present discussion. The environment is suffered from the negative actions of people, and the consequences are disastrous. However, many countries are trying to overcome this issue, and to find the solution to this problem. This trend is a good argument, which emphasises that ecological problems are global problems and they need a united effort. However, there are some dangerous which can have negative effect on the protection of the environment, such as speculations about environmental projects. At the same time. From the author’s point of view, these facts are not able to outweigh the benefits of the work of some organizations, such as the UN. Finally, I want to say that I am sure that this policy will breathe new life into the global efforts of the protection of the environment.
_________
Thank you very much in advance!!!

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation in a campus cafeteria
Svyatoslavkn

Re: Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual perso #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 23, 2011 20:25 pm   Re: Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual perso

Svyatoslavkn wrote:

The problems of the environment have become very notorious for the present civilisation. Unfortunately, people are witnesses of completely desolate, spoiled territories(,) and very changeable climate. As a result, the world aspires to unify efforts of each country and every person in a fight with global problems of the environment/GLOBAL ENVIROMENTAL PROBLEMS. At the same time, it would not be a democratic discussion(,) if some negative tendencies were overlooked. For instance, that there are many speculations about ecological problems(,) because it has become very prestigious and beneficial to protect the environment.

It is important to clarify and define the key problems of the environment. There are many serious changes in the global climate. For instance, the vast glaciers in the pole regions have been melting. At the same time, this process endangers many countries, which are situated near the sea. The problem is that melted ice enhances the danger of devastating flooding/FLOODS.

Each discussion should be comprehensive, and this is the reason why there should be introduced pole facts and opinions. Unfortunately, the issue of the environment attracts many organisations [s]which [/s] WHOSE aim is not to protect the ecological balance on the Earth. This situation provokes many speculations in this field. For instance, reading newspapers people may see much evidence ? (,)when politicians receiving additional points used the problems of the environment or the facts(,) when the money were destined for the environment were stolen by dishonest officials. Fortunately, this trend does not outweigh the positive effect of global efforts, which are connected, with the protection of the ecological system.

In the conclusion, it is important to highlight the key points of the present discussion. The environment is suffered from the negative actions of people, and the consequences are disastrous. However, many countries are trying to overcome this issue, and to find the solution to this problem. This trend is a good argument, which emphasises that ecological problems are global problems(,) and they need a united effort. However, there are some dangerEous(,) which can have negative effect on the protection of the environment, such as speculations about environmental projects. At the same time(), from the author’s point of view, these facts are not able to outweigh the benefits of the work of some organizations, such as the UN. Finally, I want to say that I am sure that this policy will breathe new life into the global efforts of the protection of the environment.
_________
Thank you very much in advance!!!

SVYATOSLAV, YOUR ENGLISH IS GOOD, BUT ESSAY WRITING IS WEAK.
1.INTRODUCTION - HERE YOU SHOULD PARAPHRASE THE NAME OF THE TOPIC, EXPRESS YOUR OPINION AND BRIEFLY LIST YOUR REASONS TO SUPPORT IT.
2. 3 PARAGRAPHS - YOU SHOULD EXPLAIN YOUR REASONS IN DETAIL.
3. CONCLUSION - YOU SHOULD REPEAT YOUR IDEA EXPRESSED IN THE INTRODUCTION, BUT IN OTHER WAY.

LOOK AT THIS TOEFL SAMPLE ESSAY ABOUT ENVIRONMENT:

Topic 29 Has human harmed the Earth or made it a better place?
Although the quality of life has improved over the past decades due to new technological advances but the damages made to the earth weigh more. Damages include increase in pollution and change in climatic patterns. Irreversible damage to earth can include depletion of natural resources.
As the technology advances more factories are built. These factories dispose waste material into natural water, which could be harmful to aquatic life. Emissions from the factories and automobiles pollute the air, which we breathe. Nuclear waste and radiation from power plants are harmful to our health.
There can be drastic changes in the climatic pattern due to the increase in the carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere, which is the main cause of global warming. Global warming would increase the temperature of earth and make it inhospitable. We are cutting more and more trees for furniture's, and wood. Trees purify the atmosphere by absorbing the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and releasing the oxygen. Furthermore, the roots of tree hold the soil and prevent floods.
Resources of petroleum, oil, and minerals are not endless. There is shortage of water all over the world. Once depleted of these resources, our life would be difficult. Killing elephants for their teeth, and other species for their furs disrupt the food chain. For example killing of carnivorous animals would cause increase in the number of herbivores, which would consume more plants. We also depend on plants for food so there can be shortage of vegetables and cereals for us.
We should preserve the earth and respect all its valuable resources. Pollution and climatic changes can make earth inhospitable. Our future would not be good without sustainable development.
Remula

Location: Azerbaijan

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
the effects of illiteracyeffects of advertisingif you first don't succeed try try again"means to continue working towards acan someone please grade my essay? Thank you :)Governments throughout the world should make education compulsory for all citizieShould criminals be punished with lengthy jail terms or re-educated ?The British police do not carry guns. Do you think it is good or bad?Invitation!Do you like to get a job with high-salary or to get a comfortable with enough monplease edit my essay and inform me about my score,thank you in advance,GhassemToday, many people are too busy to spend enough time with their family.Advertising is the most important cause of unhealthy eating habits. Do you agree?An integrated essay-The evidence to justify who the subject is in the painting