to declare sacred; to dedicate; to bless
raze
reverberate
frustrate
consecrate

Nowadays many people with different nationalities and cultures get married togeth

What is one kind of plant that is important to the people in your country | the unfavourable outcomes of lack of water
Nowadays many people with different nationalities and cultures get married togeth #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 am   Nowadays many people with different nationalities and cultures get married togeth

Nowadays many people with different nationalities and cultures get married together. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of this?

This question needs a comprehensive discussion, which will include different opinions about this issue. There are many benefits of marrying a person from different nationality, such as the opportunity to understand other culture, and also there is a positive effect, which can help society to overcome old stereotypes. However, there are some hidden negative aspects, for instance, sometimes the foreign cannot be used to the local culture.
In the present world there are not the borders between which were characteristic for the Middle Ages, and nowadays people are able to travel almost everywhere. In many cases, to marry foreign citizen is the possibility to enhance your knowledge of new culture and traditions. This is a very beneficial tendency because people become more cosmopolitan.
At the same time, it is important to outline that families which consist of people from different nationalities have positive effect on breaking out-of-date people`s stereotypes. It is not a secret that in the past in some countries it was not normal to accept the marriage of people from different nationalities. Fortunately, nowadays people may marry everyone, and this fact is a great contribution to the development of democratic society in every country.
However, in the world, there are not an ideal things, and the marriage is not an exception. Marriage includes some disadvantages. For instance, the behaviour of a foreigner may be acceptable in his native country because he was born in it, but, at the same time, his behaviour may be very inappropriate in other countries. For example, when I was a student I studied with many overseas students and sometimes it was difficult to communicate with these people because of their national traditions.
In conclusion, it is important to outline the key points of the present discussion. The introductory question includes opposite facts. The marriage with foreigner is a great chance to enhance your knowledge of different cultures and customs. Moreover, this tendency can bring benefits to democracy. However, there are some negative facts, such as the difficult adaptation of the foreigners to the local culture.
______________
Thank you very much in advance!

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the university registrar's office
Svyatoslavkn

Re: Nowadays many people with different nationalities and cultures get married to #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2011 21:43 pm   Re: Nowadays many people with different nationalities and cultures get married to

Svyatoslavkn wrote:

This question (YOU SHOULD PARAPHRASE THE TOPIC, NOT WRITE JUST THIS QUESTION) - THE SPREAD OF MIXED MARIAGES ALL OVER THE WORLD needs a comprehensive discussion, which will include different opinions about this issue. There are many benefits of marrying a person from different nationality, such as the opportunity to understand other culture, and also there is a positive effect, which can help society to overcome old stereotypes. However, there are some hidden negative aspects, for instance, sometimes the foreign cannot be used to the local culture. UNSUCCESFUL INTRODUCTION!

In the present world there are not the borders between which were characteristic for the Middle Ages NOT CLEAR, and nowadays people are able to travel almost everywhere. In many cases, to marry TO A foreign citizen is the possibility to enhance your knowledge of new culture and traditions. This is a very beneficial tendency(,) because people become more cosmopolitan.

At the same time, it is important to outline that families(,) which consist of people from different nationalities have positive effect on breaking out-of-date people`s stereotypes. It is not a secret that it was not normal to accept the marriage of people from different nationalities in some countries in the past. Fortunately, nowadays people may marry TO everyone, and this fact is a great contribution to the development of democratic society in every country.

However, in the world, there are not an ideal things, and the marriage is not an exception. Marriage includes some disadvantages. For instance, the behaviour of a foreigner may be acceptable in his native country(,) because he was born in it, but, at the same time, his behaviour may be very inappropriate in other countries. For example, when I was a student(,) I studied with many overseas students. Sometimes it was difficult to communicate with these people(,) because of their national traditions.

______________
Thank you very much in advance!

THE STRUCTURE IS NOT GOOD, ESPESIALLY THE INTRODUCTION. REMEMBER IN THE INTRODUCTION YOU SHOULD WRITE BRIEF, CLEAR AND INTERESTING TO ATTRACT READERS. PARAPHRASE TOPIC, EXPRESS YOUR OPINION AND LIST REASONS. THEN EXPLAIN THEM IN THE OTHER PARAGRAPHS. READ ESSAYS OF OTHER STUDENTS AND TIPS OF TUTOR PHIL ABOUT ESSAY WRITING. JUST LOOK FOR HIS SITE IN THE GOOGLE.
GOOD LUCK! DON'T BE UPSET! YOU WILL MANAGE WITH IT!
Remula

Location: Azerbaijan

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific deShould the mass media publish details of people's private lives or should they beHow to deal with a gift of money ?A large amount of advertising is aimed at children.Why do some students study abroad?the effects of illiteracyeffects of advertisingif you first don't succeed try try again"means to continue working towards aSome people say that the internet provides people with a lot of valuable informatInvitation!Do you like to get a job with high-salary or to get a comfortable with enough monToday, many people are too busy to spend enough time with their family.A person's childhood years are the most important years of a person's life.