assessment; evaluation of prospects
prognosis
onus
taunt
resentment

Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL® test is wonderful!

Agree or not: It was easier to succeed in the past than it is today. | Hi, Can you rate my essay
Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2011 22:19 pm   Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

In the context of the TOEFL test, I would like to say that every tests have its own attractions to someone who knows the value of the test. To apply for international universities, all the students should have an English exam: TOEFL or IELTS. I prefer to have the TOEFL exam because I found it very interesting for some reasons.
First of all, TOEFL is the test that contains the subjects and conversations that happened at the university;in addition, I want to go to the university ,and ,I am interested in the actions that happen in the university. I would like to know more about the conversations that take place between students and professors ,other students and also office workers.
Secondly, to get prepared for the TOEFL,I had a chance to go to the English class with my friends ,and also I could find new friends in the class. TOEFL contains four important skills : reading, listening, speaking and writing that every one needs at the daily life. If I have a good writing skills ,it can help me to write good letters to my professors and I could get the applications that I want.
As a result, I found the TOEFL test very attractive ,so, I agree with the topic statement that TOEFL is a wonderful test!
( I am new member. Can someone please grade my essay? Thanks :)

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an adviser in the university's work-study program
Ahmadi2010

Location: Turkey

Re: Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am   Re: Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

Ahmadi2010 wrote:
In the context of the TOEFL test, I would like to say that every tests have its own attractions to someone who knows the value of the test. To apply for international universities, all the students should have/TAKE an English exam: TOEFL or IELTS. I prefer to have the TOEFL exam(,) because I found it very interesting for some reasons.WHAT REASONS? YOU SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THEM IN THE INTRODUCTION.

First of all, TOEFL is the test that contains the subjects and conversations that happened /TOOK PLACE at the university. In addition, I want to go to the university ,and I am interested in the actions that happen in the university. I would like to know more about the conversations that take place between students and professors, other students and also office workers.

Secondly, to get prepared DURING THE PREPARATION for the TOEFL, I had a chance to go to the English class with my friends ,and also I could find new friends in the class. TOEFL contains four important skills : reading, listening, speaking and writing that every one needs at the IN HIS daily life. If I have a good writing skills ,it can help me to write good letters to my professors(,) and I could get the applications that I want.

YOU SHOULD SHOW THE 3RD REASON!

As a result, I found the TOEFL test very attractive . ,s SO, I agree with the topic statement that TOEFL is a wonderful test!

READ OTHERS'S ESSAYS AND THE TOPIC HOW TO WRITE ESSAYS.
GOOD LUCK!
Remula

Location: Azerbaijan

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 25, 2011 15:36 pm   Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

special tanx to Remula.
Ahmadi2010

Location: Turkey

Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 25, 2011 18:20 pm   Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

Hello Ahmadi,

First of all many thanks to Remula that spent some time and corrected your essay.
I still find a couple of weaknesses here in this essay. I hope you don't mind if I mention them.
The first thing is that either the topic or your essay is unclear. Why do you think that the TOEFL test is so wonderful? What is wrong with the IELTS test? I am asking this question because you have mentioned "I prefer". You prefer the TOEFL test to what??
Secondly, you are not giving strong reasons.
Thirdly, Some of your sentences were in Present tense and some in past tense. I guess that is why it was unclear.
And Finally, get your punctuation right, please.
I tried to change some of your sentences and improve them. Hope you like it.
Good Luck!

I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT EVERY PERSON CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY SINGLE TEST PROVIDED THAT THEY KNOW THE VALUE OF IT. FOR INSTANCE, A PERSON WHO WANTS TO APPLY FOR AN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, HE/SHE NEEDS TO TAKE EITHER THE TOEFL OR THE IELTS TEST SO AS TO SHOW /PROVE HIS/HER LEVEL OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH. I PERSONALLY prefer to TAKE the TOEFL TEST DUE TO SOME SPECIFIC REASONS.(mention your reasons here)

First of all, TOEFL is A test that contains the subjects and conversations that happen at the university. I WANT TO GO TO UNIVERSITY TO ENHANCE MY KNOWLEDGE. THEREFORE, IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR ME TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH SO AS TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ALL THE CONVERSATIONS THAT TAKE PLACE AMONG PROFESSORS, STUDENTS, AND OTHER STAFF MEMBERS.

Secondly, to BE prepared for the TOEFL TEST, I NEED to GO TO English classes. GOING TO ENGLISH CLASSES CAN ALSO GIVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND MAKE MORE FRIENDS. IN ADDITION, TOEFL contains four important skills : reading, listening, speaking, and writing that everyone needs TO KNOW IN THEIR LIVES. If I have good writing skills, I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH MY PROFESSORS. As a result, I fINd the TOEFL test very BENEFICIAL. THEREFORE, I agree with the topic statement that TOEFL is a wonderful test!
Leenda

Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #5 (permalink) Tue Jan 25, 2011 19:28 pm   Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

Thank you so much dear Leenda.
Ahmadi2010

Location: Turkey

Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #6 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 am   Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

Leenda wrote:
Hello Ahmadi,

Good Luck!

Secondly, to BE prepared for the TOEFL TEST, I NEED to GO TO English classes. GOING TO ENGLISH CLASSES CAN ALSO GIVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND MAKE MORE FRIENDS. IN ADDITION, TOEFL contains four important skills : reading, listening, speaking, and writing that everyone needs TO KNOW IN THEIR LIVES. If I have good writing skills, I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH MY PROFESSORS. As a result, I fINd the TOEFL test very attractive. THEREFORE, I agree with the topic statement that TOEFL is a wonderful test!

THANK YOU LEENDA :)
Remula

Location: Azerbaijan

Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful! #7 (permalink) Wed Mar 30, 2011 23:30 pm   Do you agree or disagree ?The TOEFL test is wonderful!

Hi! :) This is my essay in the same topic... could someone graded it, please?

In academic environments, the assessment of learning contents is an important step to ensure that the knowledge has been correctly appropriated. When it comes to English, there are many tests developed to evaluate different linguistic skills required to study in Universities where English is spoken. I strongly believe that TOEFL test is wonderful because of two principal reasons: the width of abilities it measure and the challenging it means to students.

Firstly, if a student wants to take TOEFL exam, he has to practice each skill of the four sections included: reading, listening, speaking and writing. This practice is supposed to enable him to express his ideas in an appropriately-academic way. In order to achieve high exam scores, each question has to be answered the most specific and completed as possible. Besides, coherence, organization and vocabulary of the responses are also evaluated. All in all, in order to fulfill the requirements of TOEFL exam, students have to do a dedicated-hard work and this implies an accelerating develop of several kinds of linguistic knowledge.

Secondly, to my way of thinking, taking TOEFL exam is a significant-academic challenge due to the fact that it is known as a difficult international test which is require for several universities around the world. For instance, personally I decided to prepare this exam because I am moving Norway in the near future and my aim is doing a PhD in a University there. Clearly, this preparation has been very helpful not only in developing language skills but also in giving confidence to deal with new-language circumstances far away from home.

From this, I think you can understand why I agree with the following statement: ‘TOEFL test is wonderful’. Obviously, while preparing this exam I am learning a lot about different aspects of the language and I am getting more confidence about speaking and writing English tasks. If someone asked me to suggest some of the available English exams nowadays, I would definitely recommend TOEFL exam.
Virginia24

Location: Argentina

Earth is being harmed by human activities.issue essay: Success in any realm of life comes more often from taking chances orCould anyone rate my essay make a comment on it?Hey please could you rate my essay :)Please check my essay and tell me my grade for toefl®.daily homework is necessary for students?Earth is being harmed by Human activityShould government focus more on young children education than on universities?Some question about this forumIs it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save some moChildren should not have to work or help with household tasks: their only responsHow do movies and television influences people behavior?With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and lea