of or having to do with citizens or the state; polite; courteous
motley
civil
perverse
sartorial

An essay on pets...

Will another essay be OK? | All about the TOEFLŪ

what do you think?
6
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
5.5
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
below 4.5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

An essay on pets... #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:26 am   An essay on pets...

Pets should be treated like family members.

I know people that consider their pets a part of their families. I strongly agree with that stance towards the animals we have in our homes. For me, treating a pet like a family member is a good lesson in responsibility. In addition, this attitude makes the animals we possess feel happier, and guarantees their being satisfied with our care.

We should treat pets like members of our families, because the animals that we take care of give us lessons in responsibility. One knows (YOU KNOW) that there is somebody but himself (APART FROM YOURSELF) to look after. Thus we learn how to look after our future families. In addition, pets teach us qualities like patience and understanding.

People should consider his pet (THEIR PETS AS) a family member, as the animal they possess (OWN) will feel happier this way. Pets like cats and dogs are aware of the attitude their master has towards them. They feel better when they are paid more attention. Plus, (IN ADDITION) when you think of your cat as of some (ONE) of your relatives you will never dare to torture it.

Pets should be granted (PAID THE ATTENTION) with the attention that we bestow to our families, and thus their health will be benefited (BENEFIT). One (YOU) will never dare to leave his (YOUR) dog hungry if he accepts it as a part of the home. Many people ignore the animals they have at home. However, pets need care, nutrition, and attention. I think that it is not right to buy a living being that will depend on you, and make it suffer because of your lack of responsibility.

The people that I know think that pets should be treated like family members. I agree with them. Not only is that good for the animals’ health and mood, but also it teaches us responsibility.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which fact is true of Edward O. Wilson?
Nukeman

An essay on pets... #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:47 pm   An essay on pets...

Hi Nukeman,

I attach (with changes in capitals) a corrected version:

People should consider his pet (THEIR PETS AS) a family member, as the animal they possess (OWN) will feel happier this way. Pets like cats and dogs are aware of the attitude their master has towards them. They feel better when they are paid more attention. Plus, (IN ADDITION) when you think of your cat as of some (ONE)of your relatives you will never dare to torture it.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ Essay: Some students like classes where teachers...When the new toeflŪ pattern ig going to launch in india!TOEFLŪ Essay - Independent writing - E1Please review my essayToeflŪ Essay: Do You Agree Or Disagree With The Following...ToeflŪ essay: A Person Should Never Make An Important...Need Some TOEFLŪ TipsTOEFLŪ Essay: Some students prefer to study aloneWhat is the difference between can and could?TOEFLŪ Essay: How Do Movies Or Television Influence...TOEFLŪ essay: a large shopping center may be built...Incomplete name in my TOEFLŪ CBTscore cardIs IBT TOEFLŪ much more difficult especially the part of speaking?TOEFLŪ essay: stress reduction