salary; wages
alert
pay
embrace
valuable

the general election was announced

Hes on about??????? | baby boomers
the general election was announced #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 15, 2011 16:53 pm   the general election was announced

ESL/EFL Test #98 "The Parliamentary Candidate (1)", question 3

One year later the date of the general election was ......... by the Prime Minister.

(a) announced
(b) denounced
(c) presented
(d) delivered

ESL/EFL Test #98 "The Parliamentary Candidate (1)", answer 3

One year later the date of the general election was announced by the Prime Minister.

Correct answer: (a) announced
_________________________

Does The general election was announced mean here that general election was told the people officially?
_________________

the general election was announced #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 15, 2011 19:16 pm   the general election was announced

The people were officially told that there would be a general election on that date.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
the general election was announced #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 15, 2011 22:23 pm   the general election was announced

Thanks Bez ,

For the six corrections. You gave me a good evening. I am really very happy.
There were mistakes where I was inattentive, but I think they are also mistakes, in fact they are very annoying for myself. There were the others what I have to learn because I didn't know till now.

Thank you very much again:

Kati
_________________

Hes on about??????? | baby boomers
weak and nauseous.Could someone tell which answer is the right one according to textIs it correct to say....a taxi is a cab.Henry would never forget.every day was a challengehe finally won a seata sound banking systembaby penguins hatchWhen I finally get to schoolget outWhy is "at home" correct?Couldnt 'of that' or 'because' be used here instead of 'for'?