Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

salary; wages
alert
pay
embrace
valuable
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

the general election was announced

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Hes on about??????? | baby boomers
listening exercisestell a friend
the general election was announced #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 15, 2011 16:53 pm   the general election was announced

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #98 "The Parliamentary Candidate (1)", question 3

One year later the date of the general election was ......... by the Prime Minister.

(a) announced
(b) denounced
(c) presented
(d) delivered

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #98 "The Parliamentary Candidate (1)", answer 3

One year later the date of the general election was announced by the Prime Minister.

Correct answer: (a) announced

Does The general election was announced mean here that general election was told the people officially?

the general election was announced #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 15, 2011 19:16 pm   the general election was announced

The people were officially told that there would be a general election on that date.
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
the general election was announced #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 15, 2011 22:23 pm   the general election was announced

Thanks Bez ,

For the six corrections. You gave me a good evening. I am really very happy.
There were mistakes where I was inattentive, but I think they are also mistakes, in fact they are very annoying for myself. There were the others what I have to learn because I didn't know till now.

Thank you very much again:

Kati

Hes on about??????? | baby boomers
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
weak and nauseous.Could someone tell which answer is the right one according to textIs it correct to say....a taxi is a cab.Henry would never forget.every day was a challengehe finally won a seata sound banking systembaby penguins hatchWhen I finally get to schoolget outWhy is "at home" correct?Couldnt 'of that' or 'because' be used here instead of 'for'?