Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

sublime; exalted; superior
pushy
transcendent
portable
managerial
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

weak and nauseous.

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Could someone tell which answer is the right one according to text | Why is it "shake them by the hand"?
listening exercisestell a friend
weak and nauseous. #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 am   weak and nauseous.

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #223 "Confusing Words test (6)", question 7

Carson felt ......... and nauseous. He wondered if he'd gotten food poisoning from the seafood restaurant he'd dined in earlier in the evening.

(a) week
(b) weak
(c) woke
(d) wake

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #223 "Confusing Words test (6)", answer 7

Carson felt weak and nauseous. He wondered if he'd gotten food poisoning from the seafood restaurant he'd dined in earlier in the evening.

Correct answer: (b) weak

which is more appropriate i have come along with my sister or i came along with my sister

daisy
English Learner

weak and nauseous. #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 19, 2011 13:39 pm   weak and nauseous.

Hello daisy,

Both can be correct (though the pronoun 'I' is always written as a capital letter) - it depends on the greater context and personal preference.

You might find it useful to know that you don't need to paste an unrelated test answer to ask questions in the forum. Simply go direct to:
http://www.english-test.net/forum/
choose a relevant forum and start a new topic with your question.
You can post in some places as a guest, but for some forums you have to register.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Could someone tell which answer is the right one according to text | Why is it "shake them by the hand"?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
To my astonishment,He's an ex-parrotfor a change.every inch the firemanIs it correct to say....baby boomersHes on about???????a taxi is a cab.the general election was announcedWe don't have any milk leftI don't understand, doesn't 'just' mean that it is alredy in the market justnow?What does declamations mean?Couldnt 'of that' or 'because' be used here instead of 'for'?