reproof; warning; reproval
whim
dearth
sally
admonition

Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn-agree or not?

Could someone check my essay? | Many students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countri
Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn-agree or not? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:03 pm   Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn-agree or not?

Hey there!!

Thank you for entering, please evaluate...

The prompt:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

My response:

Whether to pay teachers according to their students’ achievements has long been a controversy. While some people believe that teachers should be paid regardless of their students’ grades, I believe that when teachers are getting extra paid for their students’ success it would encourage them to push their students harder towards success. That policy would reword the teachers and would inspire other people to become educators as well. For those reasons I agree that the more the students would learn, the more the teacher would be paid.

To begin, when teachers are paid according to their students achievements they would work harder in order for their students to understand the subject. The teachers would come up with different methods to tutor the class, and would find the most effective way in which every one of their students would reach their full potential. Since the teachers would be rewarded for their students’ grades, they would invest in all of their students.

Furthermore, most teachers do not feel appreciated. They believe that they are not being paid as they should be. That policy would reward each teacher according to their own success in teaching the students. For example, when a mediocre teacher gets paid the same amount of money an excellent teacher does, it could cause the better teacher to put less efforts at their students’ education because they would get the same payment either way.

In addition, by paying the teachers according to their students’ achievements, more people would be motivated to become teachers. Many people at the job market are looking for jobs in which the payment is high regardless of their seniority there. Those people would turn to teaching due to the fact that if they are good teachers and their students are succeeding they would be paid accordingly, and not according to the number of years teaching.

To conclude, the advantages of paying the teachers according to their students’ achievements are greater than their disadvantages. That policy could benefit the students by deriving teachers to teach them better, the teachers by rewarding them and the entire educational system by motivating people to be a part of it.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university instructors
Swaerley

Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn-agree or not? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 25, 2011 13:22 pm   Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn-agree or not?

Whether to pay teachers according to their students’ achievements has long been a controversy. While some people believe that teachers should be paid regardless of their students’ grades, I believe that when teachers SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDING TO THEIR STUDENT'S ACHEIVEMENT. are getting extra paid for their students’ success it would encourage them to push their students harder towards success. That policy would rewArd the teachers and would inspire other people to become educators as well. For those reasons I agree that the more the students would learn, the more the teacher would be paid. (THIS IS AN INTRODUCTION PARAGRAPH, YOU NEED NOT TO WRITE REASONS IN INTRODUCTION PARAGRAHP.)

To begin, when teachers are paid according to their students achievements they would work harder in order for their students to understand the subject. The teachers would come up with different methods to tutor the class, and would find the most effective way in which eACH one of their students would reach full potential. Since the teachers would be rewarded for their students’ grades, they would invest in all of their students.

To conclude, the advantages of paying the teachers according to their students’ achievements are greater thaN disadvantages. That policy could benefit the students by deriving teachers to teach them better AND BENIFIT the teachers by rewarding them and the entire educational system by motivating people to be a part of it.
_________________
Just a confused kid... trying to live through twists & turns of life!
------
Everything Is Temporary!
Katty2010

Location: GaintPeach

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants, Other prefer to cookFunding to sports vs universities.Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Review it pleasereal world experience vs bookish knowledge. please review my essayPeople listen to music for different reasons and at different times. Why is musicPlease check my essay~ThanksDoes modern technology make life more convenient, or was life better when technolWhat is one thing you will do to improve your community? Why?Why People listen to what famous people say? Should we pay attention to them?Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past? WhyPeople remember special gifts or presents that they have received. Why? Use speciMove to new place will lose old friends?Please review my essay. excellent knowledge vs teacher's ability to relate well