to endanger; to imperil; to dare; to venture
debut
slope
install
hazard

Code of practive vs code of behaviour

Change vs. adpat | Felt is the past tense of feel
Code of practive vs code of behaviour #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 10, 2004 18:31 pm   Code of practive vs code of behaviour

Test No. incompl/advan-1 "Code of Practice", question 1

The company had its own code of ......... in these matters.

(a) behaviour
(b) practice
(c) dealing
(d) attitude

Test No. incompl/advan-1 "Code of Practice", answer 1

The company had its own code of practice in these matters.

Correct answer: (b) practice

The company had its own code of behaviour in these matters.
_________________________

Hello Alan!
Why my answer is incorrect?
Best wishes for the great work. Your tests are beautiful!!!
Cora Dzen

Code of practice vs code of behaviour #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:51 am   Code of practice vs code of behaviour

Hi Cora,

Many thanks for your positive feedback and your question.
When it comes to business the term is code of practice is the appropriate term.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How much does the package weigh?

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Test #1 #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 20, 2005 16:35 pm   Test #1

Hi; Thanks for the sample test, but I'd ike to inform you that the correct word for the sentance is "ethics" and this word was not included in the list.
Your choice of the word "Practice" is incorrect. The words practice is a noun and refers to companies such as lawyer and doctors states of business.
e.g. The doctors practice was flourishing with so many new clients. /or John , a lawyer was proud to have his own legal prtactice after so many years of articling for other legal firms. /or in the context of sports... The boys' had to practice football three times a day.
ptr4321@hotmail.com

Meaning of code of practice #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:09 am   Meaning of code of practice

Code of Ethics is often used to describe the standard procedures in professions that deal with the public such as journalists, lawyers and politicians.
As we explained earlier, Code of Practice is a term that defines the principles business is conducted by companies. Maybe, you already know that a word in the English language can have many different meanings depending on the context you use it in. Try to get access to a dictionary and look up the word practice. You will find many entries and definitions and one of the possible combinations is Code of Practice.

Also, in the sample sentence (please note the correct spelling of that word), you are using the word practice as a verb although you are claiming that practice is a noun. It can be a noun as well as a verb in American English. In UK English practice is a noun and to practise is the verb.
Many thanks for bringing up the Code of Practice issue again.

TOEFL listening discussions: How is the young woman financing her education?

Code of practive vs code of behaviour #5 (permalink) Sat Jun 11, 2005 14:50 pm   Code of practive vs code of behaviour

hello Alan,
I do like that service very much ; I'd like to advise you to keep that service win the trust and admiration of others. Some people will not overlook the mistakes you always make.
wael

Test #1 #6 (permalink) Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:11 am   Test #1

ptr4321@hotmail.com wrote:

the correct answer is "Practice", Because "code of conduct/ethics/practice (= rules of correct behaviour in a particular profession) ex: a code of medical ethics
So that, "practice" is the best answer in this sentence.
Huytruong

Code of Ethics and Business Conduct #7 (permalink) Sat Jan 14, 2006 16:56 pm   Code of Ethics and Business Conduct

Well, this is a very interesting discussion. I have checked with our company and it turns out that we have a Code of Ethics and Business Conduct in place. So, this shows how many possible word combinations there are available.
Toeic

Location: France

"searching for" vs "looking for""change" instead of "transform"Why live and not living?Position of too: I too have been a farmer...What makes the better choice?How come hardly? Why not heavly?What is the difference between vow and promise?What means blunder and gaffeWhat is the country of origin?Difference between doubt and concernIdiom: keep mumWhy bandits is apt for this sentence?Idiom: an axe to grind