Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

connection; relation; association; one ring of a chain; ring
innovator
guess
audience
link
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Using say in present tense

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does stroll mean? | Could you please explain what this sentence is about?
listening exercisestell a friend
Using say in present tense #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:51 am   Using say in present tense

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "The Months of the Year", question 9

June, July and August are typical summer months with many long, sunny days. September is the start of autumn or the fall as people in North America says. October is very colourful month because of the different colours on the trees.

(a) many
(b) says
(c) because of

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "The Months of the Year", answer 9

June, July and August are typical summer months with many long, sunny days. September is the start of autumn or the fall as people in North America say. October is very colourful month because of the different colours on the trees.

Correct entry: say
The error was: (b) says

Your answer was: ?

we use say in present tense. if Areticle is she ,he, it we use says. but this is past tence can i used SAID

Celik
Celik

Present tense #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 pm   Present tense

Hi,

You would use the Present tense for something that always happens and is accepted as a general truth as in: People say that drinking wine is good for your health.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Using say in present tense #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm   Using say in present tense

hi,

October is a very colourful month...

Why is the word 'a' missing?

Silva
Silva123
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Using say in present tense #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 pm   Using say in present tense

Hi Silva,

I didn't write this test myself so I can't comment on whether it's a typo or it's intentional but it has become a fashion recently to omit the article when the noun is qualified. I'll refer it to Torsten.

Thanks for drawing our attention to it.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Using say in present tense #5 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm   Using say in present tense

Hi Silva,

Many thanks for pointing out this typo -- it'll get fixed with the next update.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: The Laboratory Screen
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

What does stroll mean? | Could you please explain what this sentence is about?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Meaning of "policy holder"walk the dog?What is a check-out lane?What does "we don't get to pick them" mean?an you imagine what our world would be likeWhats the meaning of until and so that?Present simple after 'when'?What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does "well-off" mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?