connection; relation; association; one ring of a chain; ring
innovator
guess
audience
link

Using say in present tense

What does stroll mean? | Could you please explain what this sentence is about?
Using say in present tense #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:51 am   Using say in present tense

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "The Months of the Year", question 9

June, July and August are typical summer months with many long, sunny days. September is the start of autumn or the fall as people in North America says. October is very colourful month because of the different colours on the trees.

(a) many
(b) says
(c) because of

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #15 "The Months of the Year", answer 9

June, July and August are typical summer months with many long, sunny days. September is the start of autumn or the fall as people in North America say. October is very colourful month because of the different colours on the trees.

Correct entry: say
The error was: (b) says

Your answer was: ?
_________________________

we use say in present tense. if Areticle is she ,he, it we use says. but this is past tence can i used SAID

Celik
Celik

Present tense #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 pm   Present tense

You would use the Present tense for something that always happens and is accepted as a general truth as in: People say that drinking wine is good for your health.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Using say in present tense #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm   Using say in present tense

hi,

October is a very colourful month...

Why is the word 'a' missing?

Silva
Silva123

Location: Germany

Using say in present tense #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 pm   Using say in present tense

Hi Silva,

I didn't write this test myself so I can't comment on whether it's a typo or it's intentional but it has become a fashion recently to omit the article when the noun is qualified. I'll refer it to Torsten.

Thanks for drawing our attention to it.

_________________

Using say in present tense #5 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm   Using say in present tense

Hi Silva,

Many thanks for pointing out this typo -- it'll get fixed with the next update.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The Laboratory Screen

Meaning of "policy holder"walk the dog?What is a check-out lane?What does "we don't get to pick them" mean?an you imagine what our world would be likeWhats the meaning of until and so that?Present simple after 'when'?What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does "well-off" mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?