Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

awareness; perception
confirmation
cognition
square
hire
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Differences between custom formality and declaration

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about?
Contest! Meaning of 'I had a very good year that day' | Stereotypes About Muslims
listening exercisestell a friend
Differences between custom formality and declaration #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:39 am   Differences between custom formality and declaration

Hi Alan
Can you account for me the differences between the custom formality, custom declaration and clearance?
One more thing, is it right if I say " logistic transportation" or " local transportation"? I mean I want to express the local transport from one place to another, but I don't know which words should be suitable for that case, please do me a favour to explain also.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Hope to receive your reply soon,

Regards,
Kelly

Differences between custom formality and declaration #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 03, 2006 14:08 pm   Differences between custom formality and declaration

Kelly wrote:
Can you account for me the differences between the custom formality, custom declaration and clearance?

I'm not Alan, but maybe I can help you.

The customs formality is means the fact that you have to have something inspected by customs to get it into the country. The use of the word formality implies that you don't expect any trouble with customs, or any big delay.

The customs declaration is the official piece of paper on which you list all of the things that you are bringing into the country, as long as they are subject to customs duty.

Customs clearance is when the officers at customs tell you, "Okay! Everything is in order! You're ready to roll!"

Quote:
One more thing, is it right if I say " logistic transportation" or " local transportation"? I mean I want to express the local transport from one place to another, but I don't know which words should be suitable for that case, please do me a favour to explain also.

Transportation from one local place to another is local transportation. Logistics is the specialty of planning transport. It involves transporting things, warehousing them along the way, keeping them cool, if necessary, getting them through customs, etc. The terms local and logistics don't really have anything to do with each other, so it would be good for you to look them up and get their specific meanings.

I hope this helps you. Maybe Alan will have more to say.
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Thanks #3 (permalink) Mon Apr 03, 2006 15:51 pm   Thanks

Hello there
Anyway, With your explanation it's clear enough to understand and I believe that Alan also agrees so.
Well, thank you very much for both of your help and generosities.

Best wishes, ^^
Kelly

Contest! Meaning of 'I had a very good year that day' | Stereotypes About Muslims
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Still another contest: What does "gas war" mean?Vietnamese and English Electronic DictionaryA question about cars (gearboxes) and mentality?Could you please check my resume? Thanks a lot!Pls help me to correct my letterSwallow, my sister, O sister swallowFootball player buildPlease help me to adjust itIdea of train spotting?A question about the movie IceageI understand but I can't talk :(How to learn English?Learn English with this Website