to shatter; to crack; to be cut off; to cancel
express
break
instruct
update

A questionable statement!

English is a West Germanic language that arose in Anglo-Saxon England | getting the gist of it
A questionable statement! #1 (permalink) Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 am   A questionable statement!

I have a problem with a sentence that starts with a question and ends with a statement. For example, "Is he taking calls because I called him various times and he is not answering." Is the format of the sentence acceptable? In the affirmative, should there be a question mark at the end?
Berawd

Re: A questionable statement! #2 (permalink) Fri May 27, 2011 10:18 am   Re: A questionable statement!

Berawd wrote:

"I have tried calling him a few times without an answer
I wonder if he is taking calls at the moment.?"

IMO Sounds slightly more polite?
_________________
"Internet quotes are not always genuine" - Charles Darwin
Political Lurker

Location: Card board box on the Ku'damm

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of phrasesInsanity - Irish Styleabout use of 'the'questionAbout stative and dynamic verbsBETWEEN .... ANDHow do you prefer travelling a foreign country?How to write an article?Maturity means letting go of ambition, and embracing the joys of invisibilityCan dogs speak English?Summer is coming part oneLanguage of ups and downsFather or mother which is more important? Take a side and support your ideas...