swollen; inflated; using big or high-sounding words
flamboyant
sinister
turgid
distraught

Science and technology have improved our life in many ways

Help me check my essay ASAP! | The mobile phone has made a positive contribution to our life.
Science and technology have improved our life in many ways #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 am   Science and technology have improved our life in many ways

Dear Sir,
This essay is about the contributions of science together with technology to our life.
I know that I should have my last essay checked before posting this new one. But I'm in a hurry revising for my exam so I hope you will make allowances for it. I've only written short paragraphs as it's one of my exam's requirements. I hope you'll understand.
Thank you for your help!

Science and technology have improved our life in many ways. First of all, science together with technology plays a strong role in the industrialization as well as modernization of the world. It’s clearly seen that robots are now replacing humans in many factories especially nuclear ones. Moreover, there is no doubt that our daily life has been made a lot more convenient thanks to the help of science and technology. Medical science has also discovered new kinds of treatments for diseases which were thought to be incurable. An average person spends quite a lot of time using a computer or keeping in touch with his/her friends and families via such things as the Internet or the mobile phone. In addition, we could also entertain by watching TV, listening to music, playing video games thanks to many scientific and technological achievements. With the reasons listed below, I totally believe science and technology helps improve our living standard. In conclusion, science as well as technology is creating a better world for all of us with its great contributions.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does 'monotreme' mean?
Lennihollander

here is my new essay, please rate it. Challenging plans VS practical plansI gave my toeflŪ exam last sunday and i only got 56 ..!! please help mewhat is the difference: ECONOMY & ECONOMICS? and this is my essayCan you correct it andA live performancecorrect my writing i hope i improveDo me a favor,help me rate the essay ,thx!People care more about public recognition than about money?Success is important, or it is more important to remain happy when you fail?help me rate this essay, thxhelp me improve my writing, correct errors in grammar and structure..thanksBanning Smoking in Public PlacesCan you correct my essay and score it please?