effort expended in moving one object over another with pressure; rubbing
economy
ordinance
friction
fusspot

Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield..

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test
The well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authorit | Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them fre
Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield.. #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 pm   Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield..

Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently committed to particular principles and objectives.

---------------
Please rate, comment, and help me improve .
--------------

I acquiesce with the former statement of the speaker. There is only one key to rule the country, “Rule the people’s heart”. If the leader succeed to win the people’s appreciation, he will sustain his position for a long period of time. so in order to become effective political leader, he must yield public opinions for various issues of the country. Nevertheless, the leader must withhold some critical information such as national security and defense system in order to maintain peace among the public.
With time passes, the changes in the conventional system become crucial. It is not sensible decision to stick with the old rigid operation functions. It is okay if the leader abandon the old principle for new one as far as people’s welfare is maintained. Some rules and lows must be changed in order to execute the process of development much faster. The public opinion is very precious to make optimum changes in the current system as they are the connoisseur of the political environment. After all the public is the ultimate power of any country, whether democratic or not.

Considering an example of India, it’s a democratic nation. More than 1000 million people decide the government of the country. Even by today’s date, the country’s constitution suffers from severe flaws. People need to wait decade for the justice. The government procedure is so complex and time consuming that most of the people prefers to use bribes to get work done. And the result is, the nation suffers from the serious issue, Corruption. It is very essential to change some basic principle of such constitution. The effective leader, who aims to take nation to the extreme level of development, should take opinion of the country what can be done to improve the present situation. With the people’s agreement, he must make some changes that will make the system more efficient and transparent to the public. If all the leaders are committed to stick to the old conventions, follow the same laws and regulation, will not make any considerable improvement for the public’s welfare. If the changes make people happier, then one should never resist such Nobel cause.

Contradictory, overemphasizing the liberty of skipping the principle may cause some severe effects on the system. If the leader gets the ultimate authority to execute changes and he misuses the power for his own growth against that of nation, then situation can get worst. Take the recent example of Gaddafi in Egypt. The president has the ultimate power, and now the public of Egypt are experiencing the condition like hell. All I want to point out is, taking peoples opinion, making flexible principles is very essential and crucial part for a leader to win the public trust. But the issue of misusing the power of the authority cannot be overlooked.

Concluding the discussion, the effective and good leader would definitely take opinion of the public and will abandon some of the principle for the sake of public welfare. But I would like to say that everything that exceeds is harmful.
Rinujb

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
Mock testsneed help with math section!Basic Questions about the GRE® (Emphasis on ANA)Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, aWhat must be the minimum length for GRE® exams ? (time limit : 30 min)Please some one review my issue essayHello! Rate my essay requestPlease rate my argument : time duration : 35 minutes.It is unrealistic to expect individual nations to make, independently, the sacrif1) Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outsideThe best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the characterPreparing for GRE®Plz make comments on my eassy my exam after 1 day....