taxi; carriage; driver's compartment
business
duration
card
cab

What does ISO stand for?

question about nationality | where to place did?
What does ISO stand for? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 22, 2006 16:06 pm   What does ISO stand for?

Dear all
Is there anyone can tell me what does ISO stand for? Besides that, what are the necessary conditions if an organisation wants to get the ISO certificate and is there any difference between ISO 9001 and ISO 2000?
Well, I have been struggling to think about it for a long time, I mean I have been looking for the necessary information which can enlighten me more about it. Therefore, I would be pleasure if there is any moderator can give me a hand.

Hope that my question doesn't break the rule here.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Best wishes,
Kelly

What does ISO stand for? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 22, 2006 20:29 pm   What does ISO stand for?

Hi Kelly, your question is perfectly in line with our forum rules - I'm sure together we'll find the answers to any of your questions. For starters, ISO stands for International Organization for Standardization....

TOEIC listening, question-response: You couldn't finish the report by tomorrow, could you?

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does ISO stand for? #3 (permalink) Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:54 am   What does ISO stand for?

It would be IOS then.
Or should I change the words, like International Standarization of Organization?
(If it still makes sense)
Spencer
Spencer

International Organization for Standardization: ISO #4 (permalink) Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:05 am   International Organization for Standardization: ISO

Hi Spencer, that's a good point. Still, ISO is the correct acronym for International Organization for Standardization: ISO. You can take a look here: ISO : International_Organization_for_Standardization

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many years have you been with the firm?

What does ISO stand for? #5 (permalink) Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 am   What does ISO stand for?

I read some opinion in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com, I think that it is useful for our community.

Rgs
Jackquality

How to use the possessive 's with et al.?Choose one of the following variantsWhich is right - With Cash or In CashWhat does "will be used" mean?since/for ('Since how long you have been suffering in this disease' vs 'For how)the letter (g)Tory WestminsterI can use present perfect on this but...How can I determine subject or object in the sentence, when I use clauses?correct meaning of 'What are you up to?'Sentence: Considering that Parliaments of individual signatory countries will...complicated has/had questionHe is right to