intimate; for or pertaining to a small group of people; personal; of an individual
tender
private
secret
convenient

What does this word mean

Use the prepositions onto, on | Couldnt 'of that' or 'because' be used here instead of 'for'?
What does this word mean #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 16, 2004 14:59 pm   What does this word mean

Test No. errors/inter-13 "Learning new words", question 2

Now do you remember the word 'customer'? What does this word really mean? When in fact you know what the words means, then how would you actually explain it?

(a) do
(b) does
(c) When
(d) means

Test No. errors/inter-13 "Learning new words", answer 2

Now do you remember the word 'customer'? What does this word really mean? If in fact you know what the words means, then how would you actually explain it?

Correct entry: If
The error was: (c) When
_________________________

Why words means?
Maybe words m e a n?
Lusenka

One mistake too many #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 16, 2004 15:58 pm   One mistake too many

Hi Lusenka,

You are right - that was one mistake too many :) .
It's been amended in the one-by-one version, correction of the all-in-one version will follow soon.
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ir013/index.html

Thanks for your support.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many types of products does your firm make?

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does this word mean #3 (permalink) Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:20 pm   What does this word mean

In 'if' clause the word "know" is used in present tense, why in the main clause is the word "will" used in past tense?
I think it should be "if in fact you knew what the word means, then how would you actually explain it?"

Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks in advance.
Oad

He's an ex-parrotfor a change.every inch the firemanweak and nauseous.Could someone tell which answer is the right one according to textIs it correct to say....baby boomersHes on about???????a taxi is a cab.Henry would never forget.every day was a challengehe finally won a seatthe general election was announced