place; location; area
site
town
store
bother

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Going abroad vs. outside | Meaning of exude
Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 16, 2004 20:38 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", question 4

They were ......... of having broken into the stately home and stolen several famous paintings.

(a) charged
(b) described
(c) accused
(d) blamed

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", answer 4

They were accused of having broken into the stately home and stolen several famous paintings.

Correct answer: (c) accused

_________________________

Hi Alan,

Why don't blame?

Verunchik
Verunchik

Accused blamed #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 16, 2004 21:40 pm   Accused blamed

The constructions are: accused OF doing something and blamed FOR doing something.

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Charged #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:27 am   Charged

When will it be right to use "Charged" instead of accused.

Cant i charge someone of stealing?

Thanks for this great website!

Regards
Krishna
Krishna

Accused of #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 am   Accused of

Nope, you can charge sb FOR sth.
_________________
obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit
Mosteque

Location: Poland

Accused of #5 (permalink) Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:05 am   Accused of

Thanks Mosteque for the reply.

Krishna
Krishna

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 27, 2008 23:21 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

at this question my answer was described and you mention correct but wirten accused correct .

please corrected for me , let me know I am correct or your sit somthing wrong.

Makram
Makram145

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Sorry, I don't understand your English. What do you want to say?
Farzana

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #8 (permalink) Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:23 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Yes I would say "Accused".
option "c" is the correct one.
Selfdrive

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #9 (permalink) Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:35 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Selfdrive wrote:
Yes I would say "Accused".
option "c" is the correct one.

yes I too give the same answer,,,,
Rozerdemit

Accused blamed #10 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 14:26 pm   Accused blamed

Hi Alan,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the information which was a doubtful one for me once. The way u explained in detail was awesome. Thanks and Nice day.
Rosshandle

The difference between charge and accused #11 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 17:30 pm   The difference between charge and accused

Hello Alan,

Will you be so kind as to explain me the difference between charge and accused?

Maddy

Location: Italy

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #12 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 20:01 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Also note that accuse of and blame for are different.
_________________
Nothing's impossible! Never say never! They're what I've been following. Hope you to follow them too!
Vietanhpham_Winter

Location: No.Unknown Molao Residential area, Hadong District, Hanoi City, Vietnam

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #13 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 20:06 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

I think be charged with means responsible for accused of means you've committed a crime and are force to admit it yourself.
_________________
Vietanhpham_Winter

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #14 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:46 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Vietanhpham, you have stated elsewhere on this forum that you are too lazy to use a dictionary. I do not believe that the purpose of this forum is to serve as your personal dictionary.
Expatcat

Location: Bonn, Germany

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #15 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Thanks for all your assistance, all these suggestions are improved some knowledge how to use these words in real life..
Jonnybleyr

Equally necessary is itto see how can we stem this tide of export...What is a plumbing leak?allusion vs. illusionMeaning of underling and underbelly'In which way' instead of in 'what way'Meaning of appreciationHow to explain this sentence in English?'enjoy exquisite' versus 'enjoy explicit'Meaning of "furnished"Meaning of "running into an old flame"Meaning of ParticularlyExpression: Stop me if I've told you this before