Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

place; location; area
site
town
store
bother
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Going abroad vs. outside | Meaning of exude
listening exercisestell a friend
Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 16, 2004 20:38 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", question 4

They were ......... of having broken into the stately home and stolen several famous paintings.

(a) charged
(b) described
(c) accused
(d) blamed

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", answer 4

They were accused of having broken into the stately home and stolen several famous paintings.

Correct answer: (c) accused

Your answer was: correct

Hi Alan,

Why don't blame?

Verunchik
Verunchik

Accused blamed #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 16, 2004 21:40 pm   Accused blamed

Hi,

The constructions are: accused OF doing something and blamed FOR doing something.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Charged #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:27 am   Charged

Hi,

When will it be right to use "Charged" instead of accused.

Cant i charge someone of stealing?

Thanks for this great website!

Regards
Krishna
Krishna

Accused of #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 am   Accused of

Nope, you can charge sb FOR sth.

Accused of #5 (permalink) Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:05 am   Accused of

Thanks Mosteque for the reply.

Krishna
Krishna

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 27, 2008 23:21 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

at this question my answer was described and you mention correct but wirten accused correct .

please corrected for me , let me know I am correct or your sit somthing wrong.

Makram
Makram145
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Sorry, I don't understand your English. What do you want to say?
Farzana
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #8 (permalink) Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:23 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Yes I would say "Accused".
option "c" is the correct one.
Selfdrive

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #9 (permalink) Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:35 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Selfdrive wrote:
Yes I would say "Accused".
option "c" is the correct one.

yes I too give the same answer,,,,
Rozerdemit

Accused blamed #10 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 14:26 pm   Accused blamed

Alan wrote:
Hi,

The constructions are: accused OF doing something and blamed FOR doing something.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the information which was a doubtful one for me once. The way u explained in detail was awesome. Thanks and Nice day.
Rosshandle

The difference between charge and accused #11 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 17:30 pm   The difference between charge and accused

Hello Alan,

Will you be so kind as to explain me the difference between charge and accused?

thanks
Maddy
I'm here quite often ;-)

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #12 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 20:01 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Also note that accuse of and blame for are different.

Location: No.Unknown Molao Residential area, Hadong District, Hanoi City, Vietnam

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #13 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 20:06 pm   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

I think be charged with means responsible for accused of means you've committed a crime and are force to admit it yourself.

Location: No.Unknown Molao Residential area, Hadong District, Hanoi City, Vietnam

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #14 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:46 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Vietanhpham, you have stated elsewhere on this forum that you are too lazy to use a dictionary. I do not believe that the purpose of this forum is to serve as your personal dictionary.
Expatcat
I'm here quite often ;-)

Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR #15 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am   Constructions: accused OF vs. blamed FOR

Thanks for all your assistance, all these suggestions are improved some knowledge how to use these words in real life..
Jonnybleyr

Going abroad vs. outside | Meaning of exude
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Equally necessary is itto see how can we stem this tide of export...What is a plumbing leak?allusion vs. illusionMeaning of underling and underbelly'In which way' instead of in 'what way'Meaning of appreciationHow to explain this sentence in English?'enjoy exquisite' versus 'enjoy explicit'Meaning of "furnished"Meaning of "running into an old flame"Meaning of ParticularlyExpression: Stop me if I've told you this before