necessity; obligation; new wine; grape juice that has not yet fermented
reason
least
must
pile

How did you improve your language( experiences)

ESL Forums | ESL Materials
Some questions | Purchased, but download incomplete.
How did you improve your language( experiences) #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 pm   How did you improve your language( experiences)

Hello every body?
How are you all!!
it is a discussion to take your opinions about the question :
What do you think the best way for learning english as a second language?
Is it by reading more? Or speaking more? And are the programms or the materials that you used and found that they improve you more????

Please !! Participate...
Eman20

How did you improve your language( experiences) #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 21:02 pm   How did you improve your language( experiences)

One can improve his/her language by reading and chatting.Trier
Funkiejummie

Location: Oyo, nigeria

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
How did you improve your language( experiences) #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 14:34 pm   How did you improve your language( experiences)

There are several practices where we can improve our English, i would like to share my experiences, as now i am an experienced, fluent English speaker and technical writer in this very dynamic language.

During my schools days, perhaps in my 8th,9th grade, i couldn't understand and make a single sentence of English, but with my continuous practice, i now can say "that i am a profound English speaker, people admire me, and i teach English now."
I used to read the newspapers over and over again, and i used to keep a handy dictionary along, any word, the meanings of which i didn't understand, i would underline it and prepare a list of similar words on a paper sheet and then would wade through the dictionary to look up the meanings of those words. This, in return, stockpiled a heap of vocabulary and in no time, my mind extract hundred of words spontaneously.

I maintained a very good habit of writing, i used to write short, medium and long paragraphs, and then read it out from a senior, a teacher, or someone who knows English, he would remove the errors in it, in all aspects.

Speaking, i am very fluent in American, British, Australian accents now. i still remember, the days, when i used to sit in front of TV watching international channels, and i would say, "will there be a time, when i speak that fluently as they speak".

I had the opportunities to talk with myself in washroom, in front of mirror or whenever alone, and then often take part in debates or parodies of English newscasters or commentators. i used to speak with my friends, colleagues and sometimes strangers to show a little personality effect on them, i mean try to inspire them.

Then, i worked in US, UK, Australian based call centers in my country. Now, things are very fine and i am an awesome English speaker, people do admire me a lot.
I earned a lot of money by English, earned respect and enhance my knowledge from time to time.Thanks to this very dynamic language of English.
Sajadbangash

Location: Islamabad

How did you improve your language( experiences) #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 14:39 pm   How did you improve your language( experiences)

Sajadbangash

Location: Islamabad

ESL Forums | ESL Materials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Reading pack from the shop.any one can do e a favourPurchase but no email with PDFFeatured ESL Learning Materials: Reading Comprehension LessonsEnglish Grammar through StoriesHow to Become an English TeacherEnglish idiom: Test the waterTwice as expensive as vs. Twice more expensive asHello lovely members! My name's DianaLearning English: Tips for beginnersGerund or infinitive?How to learn the English language?What good are the Cambridge ESOL Examinations?