into the city center; into the the town
seamlessly
downtown
plain
instead

Eid mubarak

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi but hello | Hello all, my name is Nadaa im from Iraq, 23 years old...
Eid mubarak #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 07, 2011 17:45 pm   Eid mubarak

Hey muslim people! This is Sobia wishing the whole muslim community using this forum a very happy Eid mubarak.
Sobia Aslam

Re: Eid mubarak #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:10 am   Re: Eid mubarak

Assalamaleikum! Eid mubarak! thanks for your advice of using this forum. Sister i wish you success on your way of improving english.
Yerbol.

Location: Kazakhstan

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Thanks bro! #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:05 am   Thanks bro!

Wasalam! Thank you very much for your kind words.
Sobia Aslam

Eid mubarak #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:52 am   Eid mubarak

Could you tell me your reason why are studying english? For me, i wish to study abroad and soon i want try to pass toefl exam. what about you? What gap in english you wish to fill up?
Yerbol.

Location: Kazakhstan

My reason is the same #5 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 am   My reason is the same

Just like you I am also planning to study abroad most probably USA. I am taking TOEFL, on 13th of this month. Only three days are left. When are you going to take the test.
Sobia Aslam

Eid mubarak #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:04 am   Eid mubarak

Eid Greetings :)
_________________
Just a confused kid... trying to live through twists & turns of life!
------
Everything Is Temporary!
Katty2010

Location: GaintPeach

Re: My reason is the same #7 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am   Re: My reason is the same

Sobia Aslam wrote:
I was planing to pas my exam in the end of this month, but recently i decided that i need high score. Now i try to involve all my life for studying english. Hope this place and people like you going to help me insha Alla. Could you tell me what kind of books are you using for preparing? Do you use any soft?
Yerbol.

Location: Kazakhstan

why not? #8 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 14:10 pm   why not?

I am using
1. Barron's How to prepare for the TOEFL 11th edition
2. Princeton Review 9and 10th edition
3. Kaplan GRE for vocabulary only
You can download 9th edition of priceton from internet. Do study it. I am sure, it will help you espacially in reading part.
4. For listening, huge data is available on youtube
5.For speaking, follow Joseph videos on youtube. They tell you how to take notes for every single question. No single book is going to help you in this part. So, don't waste time in reading for speaking section.
6.For writing, I am using this forum for comments from language coaches and moderators. It is really difficult to for non-native to improve english grammar. I am also facing difficulties in this part as well.... But I am usinng a grammar checker software "White Smoke" for correction of my essays. You can download it. It is offering you a 3-day free trial. I feel it very helpful.
7. If you have time, listen academic lectures on youtube. As listening also cause problems for people like us. listen Steve jobs, Bill gates etc. interviews
All this is what I am doing, I hope it helps you...
Sobia Aslam

Eid mubarak #9 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 17:33 pm   Eid mubarak

Eid mobarak for all muslim community in the world
Haarp

Eid mubarak #10 (permalink) Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:28 am   Eid mubarak

First of all, i want say thanks a lot, for all these advices and information. Now i can see that i don't study so efficent as you. This feeling is giving me additional motivation and pushing me ahead. One request for you, is it posible if we communicate by email, just for improving our writing skills. If it's ok, just write me on my email y.sarsenov@gmail.com, if it's imposible, i won't be offended.
Yerbol.

Location: Kazakhstan

Eid mubarak #11 (permalink) Fri Nov 11, 2011 20:43 pm   Eid mubarak

belated eid mubarak to everyone :))
Zico

Location: Just behind you :p

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
DhanHelloI m back nowI am planning to pass TOEFLŽ, and i need to improve my spoken english via skype.pakistani toeflŽ teacher and trainerHI EVERYBODYnewcomer greetingsGreetingsAssistance with the e-mails receivedGREŽ prepHello everyoneSpanish teacher over hereHow to write refund mail?