pair; group of two
couple
fax
tenant
salary

Assistance with the e-mails received

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Greetings | newcomer greetings
Assistance with the e-mails received #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 18:53 pm   Assistance with the e-mails received

It seems that have a problem in understending how the whole thing works. I have received my first lesson last Friday and responded to Torsten, at least I think that I have responsded. Since then I have not received any more lessons.

However, what I keep on receiving to my e-mail are repeated "Topic Reply Notification" e-mails. I have followed the link included but nothing happens. Unfortunately I cannot be in internet for many hours since I am working and I am trying to find couple of hours to visit this site when I am back home.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated since I find the system little confusing as a beginner.

Thank you
Betty5
Betty5

Location: Athens, Greece

Assistance with the e-mails received #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 18:59 pm   Assistance with the e-mails received

Hi Betty,

The responses you make to any of the links in the lessons don't go direct to Torsten.
They are posted on this forum. A forum is a place where a community of people can start or enter into discussions. It is a little like e-Mailing a lot of friends at once and being able to have a conversation with the entire group.
Any message posted on the forums can be read by anyone. Any logged in member of English-test.net can then reply to that message.

As a member of English-test.net, you are automatically a member of the forum.
The preferences by default are set so that if you post a message, you will get a notification telling you when someone has replied to your original post.
If you wish, you can turn these notifications off in your profile, which you can access by clicking on 'profile' near the top of this (or any other) forum page.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Assistance with the e-mails received #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 20:08 pm   Assistance with the e-mails received

Hi Beeesneeess,

Thanks for the clarification. I think that I will keep the profile as it is for the time being.
How about the lessons are they send automatically and at what frequency?

Have a lovely evening from Athens!
Betty5

Location: Athens, Greece

Assistance with the e-mails received #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 21:02 pm   Assistance with the e-mails received

The lessons are sent automatically, but from what other users say, the frequency varies a little.
(I can't speak from experience as I don't receive the lessons).
_________________

Assistance with the e-mails received #5 (permalink) Fri Nov 11, 2011 0:22 am   Assistance with the e-mails received

Hi Betty,

You receive an email every 5 days. Hope this helps.
PS: Bev, thanks a lot for answering Betty's questions.

TOEIC short conversations: Two Business executives discuss profit strategies

Assistance with the e-mails received #6 (permalink) Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:18 am   Assistance with the e-mails received

Hi Torsten,

Thanks a lot for the quick response and also thank you Bev from beautiful England for your help. Torsten, I have a couple more questions if you don't mind. If the lessons are e-mailed every 5 days, one e-mailed lesson was never delivered. I haven't received the second lesson yet.

Now something different, since I want to take the TOEIC test should I focus on the TOEIC section of the site/forum with simultanious use of the grammar part and then proceed with the written part of the test? As I read in your comments and the statements of other members of this site/forum a lot of people have the same dicculties as me in using English. Though I know quite many words and I could say that I have an extensive vocabulary in many cases I don't know the spelling of these words. Also, I should mention that I have no idea of how I can write an essay. I graduated from school many... decades ago and still then essay was rather difficult for me to write even in my own language.

Any suggestions to this matter would be more than appreciated. Your site, I have to admit that has a vast variety of information and a beginner can be lost in it.

Thank you very much (Efharisto poly)
Have a wonderful day
Betty
Betty5

Location: Athens, Greece

Assistance with the e-mails received #7 (permalink) Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:15 am   Assistance with the e-mails received

Betty5 wrote:
Hi Torsten,

Thanks a lot for the quick response and also thank you Bev from beautiful England for your help.

Hi Betty,

You're welcome... but I'm not from England (though I am from Britain).
_________________

Greetings | newcomer greetings
ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
pakistani toeflŽ teacher and trainerHi but helloHI EVERYBODYGREŽ prepHello everyoneSpanish teacher over hereHow to write refund mail?Helllllloooooo nice and nicer and much nicer peopl :)omani girl ^^Eid mubarak!HOLAA big Hiiiiiiiii to everyonehi to all