Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

competition; equal opponent; partner; counterweight; game
elevator
price
match
facility
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why 'accomodating' is not correct in this sentences

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
When is the proper use of in, on, at in sentences? | Why it is have?
listening exercises
Why 'accomodating' is not correct in this sentences #1 (permalink) Wed May 10, 2006 12:19 pm   Why 'accomodating' is not correct in this sentences

correct sentence:
For the most popular speakers the committee had decided to use the main hall that is capable of holding at least 200 people.

Correct entry: holding
The error was: (d) supporting

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
your sentence:
For the most popular speakers the committee had decided to use the main hall that is capable of accomodating at least 200 people.

Naveen
Naveen

Why 'accomodating' is not correct in this sentences #2 (permalink) Wed May 10, 2006 13:11 pm   Why 'accomodating' is not correct in this sentences

"Accomodate" and "hold" are two interchangeable words,that denote "to contain","include"
Pamela
I'm a Communicator ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
When is the proper use of in, on, at in sentences? | Why it is have?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Phrasal verbs: 'went out' vs. 'go out'Idioms Whith The Phrasal Verb CarryMeaning of "in a nut shell"Meaning of "use her noodle"Wise or wisely'real adventure to me' vs. 'real threat to me'Difference between 'clears' and 'explains'Meaning of impoverishedDiffrence between main verb and present verbWhy only Those is proper here? Not 'these'?'He speaks' vs. 'He is speaking'What does "enacted" mean?Meaning of "went like a lead balloon"