Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

passage; distinct portion of text (usually begins with an indented line); section; clause
ability
preface
income
paragraph
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Correct sentence using has/have been

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English for Beginners
use of has have | use of be,at/in,will be
listening exercisestell a friend
Correct sentence using has/have been #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:39 am   Correct sentence using has/have been

They have been married for two years.
He has been worked in mnc for four years.

are both above mentioned sentences are correct?
if only first sentence is correct then what is the problem with second sentence?
Rachanaagarwal01
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Correct sentence using has/have been #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 am   Correct sentence using has/have been

The second sentence should be 'He has been working'.
'He has been worked' is an incorrect verb form because 'worked' would imply that the work was being done to him. Compare with:
The machine has been worked on for 3 days but no has succeeded in getting it started.

It is possible that the second sentence should use 'at' not 'in' depending on what mnc is!
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
use of has have | use of be,at/in,will be
ESL Forums | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
diffrence of between above all and more than anythingCorrect sentencesIs the pronoun thou usedplzz help an essayplzzz i need helpppQuestion about easy life ...questionAbout dots!"as well" or "too"3 choice excercicesVerb tensesprepositioneach vs every