passage; distinct portion of text (usually begins with an indented line); section; clause
ability
preface
income
paragraph

Correct sentence using has/have been

ESL Forums | English for Beginners
use of has have | use of be,at/in,will be
Correct sentence using has/have been #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:39 am   Correct sentence using has/have been

They have been married for two years.
He has been worked in mnc for four years.

are both above mentioned sentences are correct?
if only first sentence is correct then what is the problem with second sentence?
Rachanaagarwal01

Correct sentence using has/have been #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 am   Correct sentence using has/have been

The second sentence should be 'He has been working'.
'He has been worked' is an incorrect verb form because 'worked' would imply that the work was being done to him. Compare with:
The machine has been worked on for 3 days but no has succeeded in getting it started.

It is possible that the second sentence should use 'at' not 'in' depending on what mnc is!
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
ESL Forums | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
diffrence of between above all and more than anythingCorrect sentencesIs the pronoun thou usedplzz help an essayplzzz i need helpppQuestion about easy life ...questionAbout dots!"as well" or "too"3 choice excercicesVerb tensesprepositioneach vs every