Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to rub off; to remove totally; to delete
know
pose
groom
erase
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Can you help with a sentence?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
are they really a fan? | I would have had to hit him if he hadn't shut up
listening exercisestell a friend
Can you help with a sentence? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2012 15:43 pm   Can you help with a sentence?

Two workshops were held, one on March 3 the other one a week earlier. Just to provide some context.

“Fifteen parents of handicapped children were acquainted with basal stimulation at a workshop held on Saturday, March 3…

Thanks to the OCA Charity Fund, a week before the parents, 15 social service workers, special educators, and nurses had received the same training on the last weekend in February.”

Is the second sentence OK as it is or would you suggest any changes?

For example:

Thanks to the OCA Charity Fund, 15 social service workers, special educators, and nurses had received the same training on the last weekend in February, a week before the parents.”

Thanks a lot
MartinC

Can you help with a sentence? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2012 15:52 pm   Can you help with a sentence?

The original sentence is clumsy and easy to misread. Your alternative is better. I would personally delete the comma after "educators". You also have inconsistency there between "Fifteen" and "15".
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can you help with a sentence? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2012 15:55 pm   Can you help with a sentence?

Thanks Dozy for help.
MartinC

are they really a fan? | I would have had to hit him if he hadn't shut up
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
To found vs to set upMay someone make it easy for me and go inside to help meCould someone tell me the answer of that?To be or not to beVocabularydon't know if fourWhat have we here? (The Merchant of Venice)Error CorrectionGoing to go out?Which part?Jebberwocky & parts of speechis it correct?one sentence containing three tenses (past, present and future)