non-transferable
renowned
smart
available
inalienable

Could someone tell me the answer of that?

one sentence containing three tenses (past, present and future) | May someone make it easy for me and go inside to help me
Could someone tell me the answer of that? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2012 18:33 pm   Could someone tell me the answer of that?

What's the usage of must have and must have been?
and what's the usages of can have?
and i would prefer it in sentence
Zackscofieldoconner

Re: Could someone tell me the answer of that? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2012 19:18 pm   Re: Could someone tell me the answer of that?

Here are some uses that come to mind:

1. "must have + past participle" expresses the belief that something happened, or the belief that something was the case, based on the available evidence. For example:

"The keys aren't here. Someone must have taken them." (Because they aren't here, you assume that someone took them.)

2. "must have been" is a special case of this, where the verb happens to be "be":

"It must have been terrible when your sister died." (You assume/believe that it was terrible, based on what you have been told, your general understanding of such situations, etc.)

3. Additionally, "must have been + past participle" is used to make passive forms:

"The keys aren't here. They must have been taken by someone."

4. When not followed by a past participle (i.e. with "have" as the main verb), "must have" expresses the belief that someone or something has something (in any sense of "has"):

"The keys aren't in my pocket. You must have them." (You believe that the other person has them.)

5. "must have" can also be used to urge someone to do something, or to state that one greatly desires something:

"You must have one of these cakes! They're delicious."
"I must have one of these new iPads!"
Dozy

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Re: Could someone tell me the answer of that? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 08, 2012 19:43 pm   Re: Could someone tell me the answer of that?

Zackscofieldoconner wrote:
and what's the usages of can have?
and i would prefer it in sentence

You have your answer, but you still seem to think that the pronoun 'I' can be written in lowercase. It should always be capitalised.
_________________

The indignation of theFuture tense?This is on the level -- idiom?To found vs to set upI would have had to hit him if he hadn't shut upCan you help with a sentence?are they really a fan?Sentence: User should have navigated to the Mail information page.To be or not to beVocabularydon't know if fourError CorrectionWhich part?