witty remark; assault; journey
sally
harangue
respite
dissension

TOEFL® essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

"Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think | Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way peo
TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #1 (permalink) Tue May 30, 2006 9:21 am   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

could you guys please correct my toefl essay?
thanks!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Parents are the best teachers.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
--------------------------------
Nowadays a good education is one of the most imporant factors for anyoe who wants to
successfully handle all the competitions occuring in once lifetime. In this essay i want
to explain why i think parents are the best teachers among all educators.

Children spend the most of their time during the childhood with their parents. Thus
parents can influence and teach their children like no other person can do. When children join
the school they already have received their basic knowledge and the teachers at school have to
put their expertise upon this basic knowledge.

Since children spend so much time with their children and their naturally given respect for
their parents they will listen carefully to their parents advices. Usually no other person will
ever be able to get a similar level of authority like parents have.

Probably the most important point that makes parents the best teachers is their love to the children.
This love will lead to a great devotion while they teach their children making them the most
patient teacher one can imagine.

Because of all these points i think parents are the best teachers and can even teach their
children better than any professional educator with a lot of expertise.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the purpose of this meeting?
Abbildung

TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #2 (permalink) Wed May 31, 2006 8:59 am   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

Hi abbildung,

My comments are in CAPITALS:

successfully handle all the competitions occurRing in once/ONE /YOUR lifetime. In this essay i want

Children spend the/MOST OF most of their time during the childhood with their parents. Thus
parents can influence and teach their children like no other person can do. When children join /GO TO SCHOOL
put their expertise upon/ON TOP OF this basic knowledge.

their parents they will listen carefully to their parents advices/ADVICE. Usually no other person will

Probably the most important point that makes parents the best teachers is their love to/FOR the children.
patient teacher one can imagine.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:32 am   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

would you please someone correct my TOEFL sample essay?

Thank you very much..

Nerry.
..................................................................................................................................................................
Parents are the best teachers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here speaker asserts that parents are the best teachers which one can ever have in their life. I partly agree with the statement since in some cases I would not recommend that they are the best teachers.
When we think of our childhood, our parents have the authority to control us. They are the people who decide what we should have and shouldn't. In that case they are over controlling us. Actually, getting experience is the best way to learn ,but we can not do our own researches to get to know new things since our parents over protecting us. As a example they not allow us to go and play in rain or in road. It may control our selves getting risk in future. In that case we can not claim that our parents are not the best teachers.
On the other hand , they are the people who teach us good qualities that person should have through out the life time. To be a person who have been respected by the society one must have good qualities like kindness, honesty, forgiveness,genuineness etc. children can easily be addicted to drugs, alcohol etc. Also they would practice bad behaviors like steeling and quarreling, if they were not correctly guide. Parents are the best teachers who can teach us what is good and what is bad. They are the people who move more time with us at our young age. So they can teach us many things not even good and bad, but also they can help develop our skills. In that case more educated parents would be great teachers if they could move more time with their children.
Considering all the points and examples stated above I would say that parents are good teachers to a some extent, but they are not the best.
Nerry

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #4 (permalink) Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:34 am   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

Thank you very much..

Nerry.
Parents are the best teachers.
When we think of our childhood, our parents have the authority to control us. They are the people who decide what we should have and shouldn't. In that case they are over controlling us. Actually, getting experience is the best way to learn ,but we can not do our own researches to get to know new things since our parents over protecting us. As a example they not allow us to go and play in rain or in road. It may control our selves getting risk in future. In that case we can not claim that our parents are the best teachers.

Nerry

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

check my Essay #5 (permalink) Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 am   check my Essay

"im hadi and 35 years old . i want to talk about music and its role in my life.generally i dont fan of especial music and have no plan that when lesson to music, moreover i havnt more time to lesson to it."
please check my essay and tell me is that correct?
Mardomaneazad

Location: Iran

TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #6 (permalink) Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 am   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

Hello Mardomaneazad,

I cannnot see the essay you are talking about. Do you mean what you have written above is an essay? If yes, you still have a lot to do.

Nzuahp.
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #7 (permalink) Tue Oct 06, 2009 17:33 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

hi Nzuahp
youre right i try harder to write a real essay please help me
Mardomaneazad

Location: Iran

TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #8 (permalink) Wed Oct 07, 2009 13:57 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

Hello Mardomaneazad,

There are so many sample essays that have been written in this forum.
Just browse through them, reading and following the layout that has
been used to write them. If you do this, very soon you will start writing good essays.

Nzuahp
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers... #9 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 23:14 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Parents are the best teachers...

can someone please comment on my essay?
Parents are the best teachers. do you agree or disagree?

When a baby is born, the first set of people he meets is his parents. Thus, from the very first step you cannot ignore their presence in your life physically and emotionally.
A small infant grows up looking at his parents. Even though babies don’t speak or may not react to a lot of things but they are still learning from their surrounding i.e. his parents. Parents start to play an important role at this age and the teaching also starts at this very phase, from something as simple as eating or maybe holding a spoon to playing with the toys. So we cannot deny the fact that parents begin to influence the baby`s habits and learning at a very nascent age.
Now, when a child starts to go to school, school teachers play a role in teaching children how to talk, how to read, etc, etc which is predominantly the knowledge from the books. But parents make sure that their kids learning is not restricted to only books. Mothers continuously and steadily try to teach them about their surroundings, the society and general habits which equally play an important role in shaping a child`s future. Parents continuously try to coach their kids from their experiences, helping them to take decisions at every step of life.
And this goes on....at every step, in every sphere of your life, parents continue to teach you the best they can. Thus, I can conclude by saying that parents are the best teachers anyone can get and we should learn the most we can from them so that we can do the same with our next generations.
Dbh2

If you could travel back in time to meet a famous person from history, what persoa new topicDo you agree or disagree that progress is always good.subjects such as art, music, and drama should be a part of every child’s basic edUniversities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activTopic10: “When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to docould you please rate my essay for ibt test?Which country would you like to visit?Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a membeMaterial on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the publicWhat events (experiences or ceremonies) make a person an adult?One should never judge a person by external appearances. Agree or not?what is your style to solve youe problems