nameless; unidentified
flamboyant
crass
anonymous
inscrutable

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare...

TOEFLŪ essay sample: 'Childhood is the happiest time...' | TOEFLŪ essay sample: Always telling the truth...
TOEFL essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare... #1 (permalink) Tue May 30, 2006 9:29 am   TOEFL essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare...

Hello all,
once again i have a new essay for you to correct.
thanks!

Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Nowadays preparing food is much easier than it was some decades ago. In this essay i want to
point out some positive effects of this development.

New technologies like the microwave have made the preparation of food much easier. Today putting the
frozen meal into the microwave is all you need to do to get a delicious and well temperated meal.
With these technololgies everyone is able to save a lot of time which can be used for other
things like freetime activities.

These improvements also greatly increased the variety of available food for the common consumer.
Today it's nothing special to eat strawberrys in the winter time. It's quite obvious that this
increased bandwith of available food is a huge enrichment in everyones life.

Another positive effect are the decreased costs for food. Because of the development of new package
concepts food producers were able to lower the prices for their products.

All in all i think the new preparation method for foods by far outweight the negative effects and
greatly improved our life.

TOEFL listening discussions: An assistant lecturer talking to a new student
Abbildung

TOEFL essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare... #2 (permalink) Wed May 31, 2006 9:03 am   TOEFL essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare...

frozen meal into the microwave is all you need to do to get a delicious and well temperated meal.AT THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE
things like freetime activities.

These improvements also greatly increased/INCREASE the variety of available food for the common consumer.
increased bandwith of available food is a huge enrichment in everyone's life.

Another positive effect are/IS the decreased costs for food. Because of the development of new package
concepts food producers were/ARE able to lower the prices for their products.

All in all i think the new preparation method for foods by far outweight/OUTWEIGH the negative effects and HAVE
greatly improved our life.

Check on the use of tenses.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare... #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 21, 2006 14:10 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare...

When I think of ways to prepare food in the past, the first thing that emerges in my mind is the story about my great-great-great grandmother, in which she is described as an old woman, bending over a huge boiling over a fire gallon of soup, cooking for her twelve children. If she were reborn today, she would be surprised to see the technological wonders that have been brought to use in the recent years. I believe that she would feel relieved and glad to know that our cooking habits have changed in such a nice way.

First of all, the old ways of cooking are not healthier or with better hygiene. On the contrary, if someone wanted to eat lamb, he had to breed it, kill it and then cook it. The process of preparing one's meal was longer and more difficult than the one we use today. From a hygiene point of view, the chemicals that are used today make the food cleaner and disease-free. Nobody bothered to do that in the past. For these reasons, I believe that cooking was a far more difficult and unhealthy job to do in the past than today.

Secondly, healthy food is consisted of the appropriate products. People had cattle, bread and vegetables in the past- why to blame McDonald's for uniting them in a meal? For the use of tools, those who don't want to eat radiated food could avoid the use of microwave, for example. The effect on food is not changed by the tools that are used to prepare it, but by the products that are involved in it.

All the changes that have occurred in cooking in the last decades have definitely improved our life. The faster and more efficient way of preparing a meal leaves us more time to make a living. Besides, it's not the way we do it; it's about what we are cooking. There is always a way to eat healthily, even in the fast- developing modern life.
ElenaUzunova

Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

TOEFLŪ sample essay: Some people pay money for the things...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Men or women are they better drivers?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Will the mouse eat books?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Boys and Girls should attend separate...TOEFLŪ essay sample: If you could change one important...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with...TOEFLŪ essay sample: People who work hard and sleep late...TOEFLŪ essay sample: The disadvantages of using science...TOEFLŪ essay samples: People work because they need money toTOEFLŪ essay samples: Do you agree or disagree with...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to studentI wanna start preparing for TOEFLŪ for my Masters programTOEFLŪ essay sample: People attend college or university...