judgment of an object's worth; appraisal; opinion; judgment
will
estimate
pointer
collaboration

Functions of Gerund

What are the three degrees of comparison? (adjectives: as...as) | Functions of Infinitive
Functions of Gerund #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:12 am   Functions of Gerund

Hi teachers,

Gerund can be a subject, object of verb and object of preposition.

What are the other functions of Gerund?
Give example, please

Thanks beforehand

Jupiter
Jupiter

Location: Cambodia

Functions of Gerund #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:52 am   Functions of Gerund

As a natural result of its origin and development the gerund has nominal and verbal properties.Thus the nominal characteristics of gerund are as follows:the gerund can perform the function of subject,object and predicative,it can be preceded by a preposition,can be modified by a noun in the possessive case or by a possessive pronoun.
The verbal characteristics are:
The gerund of transitive verbs can take a direct object,can be modified by an adverb
Pamela

Location: RF

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: A weird combinationSentence structure + impersonal constructionDifference; Application and formal letterExpression: As a night pass...Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaingParts of SpeechExpression: "You don't say!"Homewards in everyday conversationSubjuntive or not?Time to or Time for?Trust / Believe (in)English prepositions: On or at?Ashamed of or from?