Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

certificate that bears monetary value; coupon; receipt; authorizer; endorser
craft
voucher
discard
avail
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Expression: "You don't say!" | Bulit, Locate, Situate
listening exercisestell a friend
Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:04 am   Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing

Dear Sir/Madam
In some shipping docs or replied messages, we sometimes will see these words as CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP. Please would you explain to me what do they mean and its differences? And under what conditions and terms would be used?
Well, if my question is not clear enough to let you figure out please let me know. I'll try my best to get some example sentences?
Thanks a lot,
Best wishes,
Kelly
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:40 am   Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing

Hi Kelly

Those are standard abbreviations for some of the international shipping terms ("Incoterms"):

CFR = cost and freight
CPT = carriage paid to
DAF = delivered at frontier
DDP = delivered duty paid

Basically, "Incoterms" describe which costs are included in the price quoted in a contract.

There are more Incoterms. Here is a link for you:
http://www.dsayles.com/incoterm.htm

Amy

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: "You don't say!" | Bulit, Locate, Situate
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Plant: The queen of nightExpression: A weird combinationSentence structure + impersonal constructionDifference; Application and formal letterExpression: As a night pass...Parts of SpeechFunctions of GerundFunctions of InfinitiveHomewards in everyday conversationSubjuntive or not?Do a double takeTime to or Time for?Trust / Believe (in)