certificate that bears monetary value; coupon; receipt; authorizer; endorser
craft
voucher
discard
avail

Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing

Expression: "You don't say!" | Bulit, Locate, Situate
Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:04 am   Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing

Dear Sir/Madam
In some shipping docs or replied messages, we sometimes will see these words as CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP. Please would you explain to me what do they mean and its differences? And under what conditions and terms would be used?
Well, if my question is not clear enough to let you figure out please let me know. I'll try my best to get some example sentences?
Thanks a lot,
Best wishes,
Kelly

Location: HongKong

Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:40 am   Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaing

Hi Kelly

Those are standard abbreviations for some of the international shipping terms ("Incoterms"):

CFR = cost and freight
CPT = carriage paid to
DAF = delivered at frontier
DDP = delivered duty paid

Basically, "Incoterms" describe which costs are included in the price quoted in a contract.

There are more Incoterms. Here is a link for you:
http://www.dsayles.com/incoterm.htm

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Plant: The queen of nightExpression: A weird combinationSentence structure + impersonal constructionDifference; Application and formal letterExpression: As a night pass...Parts of SpeechFunctions of GerundFunctions of InfinitiveHomewards in everyday conversationSubjuntive or not?Do a double takeTime to or Time for?Trust / Believe (in)