filthy; base; vile; foul; dirty
extemporaneous
sordid
ascetic
celestial

TOEFLŪ essay sample: The college years are the best time...

The TOEFLŪ score received | TOEFLŪ essay sample: Advances in transportation...
TOEFL essay sample: The college years are the best time... #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 17, 2006 20:02 pm   TOEFL essay sample: The college years are the best time...

TOEFL essay sample

The college years are the best time in a person's life. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons to support your opinion.

College is when a child develops into an adult, a child gets out of school, faces a completely different world. This world poses different challenges and forces him/her to take up responsibilities. Indeed, I completely agree that college life is the best time in a person's life.

In college , as a student we are exposed to an ocean of challenges. Each individual learns to accept these challenges, work on them, develop strategies and plans, and motivate themselves to achieve success. This teaches a very important lessons of life. A student learns to become a self motivator, independent, strong and the will to take up responsibilities.

Personally, I learnt a lot of lessons in my college life which I believe made me a better person. For example, I was given a project to complete within a stated deadline. I had to plan out my time, so I could complete my project on time for submission. Through this,I learnt an important skill of time management. I also learnt to believe that any well planned goal is easy to achieve.

Adding to that, college life also gives us a chance to meet new people. It makes us develop a good communication skill. It introduces us to people having various backgrounds , including cultural and academic backgrounds. It helps us in opening our minds to various thoughts, views and opinions.

Moreover, college life also gave me a lot of freedom. I have been in a position where I had a variety of choices and important decisions I had to make. Choices included following the crowd blindly or standing up for myself as an individual and have a confidence to against the crowd. Freedom to make a decision lay in my hands, like for example, deciding to drink or smoke like my friends did or not to.But I gladly and confidently decided never to smoke or drink. Some friends did mock me initially but that never mattered. As I was confident with the decision I made and I had my basics of the to-do's and not-to's right!

Thus, in my opinion, college life indeed is the best time in a person's life. It offers us freedom and a chance to learn various lessons. It makes us a better individual by making us a strong responsible person capable of motivating our self. I'm proud of the person I'm today and I'm grateful to my college that gave me the opportunity and thought me my lessons. It surely was the best part of my life.

TOEFL listening discussions: Two roommates talking about fraternities
Preetigm

TOEFL essay sample: The college years are the best time... #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:57 am   TOEFL essay sample: The college years are the best time...

Hi preetigm,

I have made some suggestions in CAPITAL letters:

College is A TIME when a child develops into an adult, a child gets out of school, faces a completely different world. This world poses different challenges and forces him/her to take up responsibilities. Indeed, I completely agree that college life is the best time in a person's life.

In college , as a student we are exposed to an ocean of challenges. Each individual learns to accept these challenges, work on them, develop strategies and plans, and motivate themselves to achieve success. This teaches a very important lessons of/IN life. A student learns to become a self motivator, independent, strong and HAS the will to take up responsibilities.

Personally, I learnt a lot of lessons in my college life which I believe made me a better person. For example, I was given a project to complete within a stated deadline. I had to plan out my time, so I could complete my project on time for submission. Through this I learnt an/THE important skill of time management. I also learnt to believe that any well planned goal is easy to achieve.

Adding to that/IN ADDITION TO THAT, college life also gives us a chance to meet new people. It makes us develop a good communication skill. It introduces us to people having various backgrounds , including cultural and academic backgrounds. It helps us in opening our minds to various thoughts, views and opinions.

Moreover, college life also gave me a lot of freedom. I have been/WAS IN A POSITION in a position where I had a variety of choices and important decisions (I had) to make. Choices included following the crowd blindly or standing up for myself as an individual and have a/HAVING THE confidence to STAND against the crowd. Freedom to make a decision lay in my hands, like for example, deciding to drink or smoke like my friends did or not to.But I gladly and confidently decided never to smoke or drink. Some friends did mock me initially but that never mattered/THAT DIDN'T MATTER. As I was confident with the decision I made and I had my basics of the to-do's and not-to's right! /I HAD GOT RIGHT MY BASIC PHILOSOPHY OF WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO

Thus, in my opinion, college life (indeed) is INDEED the best time in a person's life. It offers us freedom and a chance to learn various lessons. It makes us a better individual by making us a strong responsible person capable of motivating our self/OURSELVES. I'm proud of the person I'm/I AM today and I'm grateful to my college that gave me the opportunity and thought me my lessons. It surely was the best part of my life.

This is a good piece of writing. Well done!

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay sample: Do you agree or disagree that parents...My TOEFLŪ Topic: Some people choose friends similar...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Identify three things...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Why do you think people attend...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Invest in the basic education...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Some people believe that students...TOEFLŪ essay sample: You have enough money to purchase...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Some people believe that university...TOEFLŪ essay sample: The issue of the air pollution...TOEFLŪ essay sample: How to prevent air pollution?TOEFLŪ essay sample: What has been humanity's greatest...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Some students like classes where teacherToeflŪ essay sample: do you agree or disagree with...