Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

terrible; awful; disgusting
horrible
crowded
characteristic
feasible
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Reported statements (Reported speech) | How to use "at + TIME"?
listening exercisestell a friend
What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 18, 2006 19:30 pm   What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'?

Hi, I m fresh here.

Could anyone help me on Web versus Net?

What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'?

When can we use 'web', when 'net'??

Thanx~~
Testtest

Hi, WEB vs. NET #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 18, 2006 20:51 pm   Hi, WEB vs. NET

Hi testtest

I assume you're talking about the Internet and the World Wide Web? I also assume you haven't discovered online dictionaries yet. :lol:

You can find information about the two online. ;)
For example:
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/Internet.html
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/World_Wide_Web.html

Technically speaking, the two are different. The (World Wide) Web might be seen as a part of the (Inter)net.
http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2002/Web_vs_Internet.asp
But the average "non-expert" with an internet connection probably uses "the Net" and "the Web" interchangeably in many or even most sentences.

One usage difference that comes to mind would be "I have a high speed Internet connection". (I would not use "web" in that sentence.)

Amy

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Reported statements (Reported speech) | How to use "at + TIME"?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Between 15 and 25 :: from 15 to 25Meaning: would you mindWide variability across destinations and regionsWhat is the meaning of "nothing to do with"Relative clause: omission of thatThe usage of TELL/SAYGrammar structure of "seeing is believing"Difference between 'just' and 'only'The person who is always in a hurry!Understanding two sentences from a book about Mother TeresaBillion vs. milliardExpression: "a tea" or "tea"Use of "too"