terrible; awful; disgusting
horrible
crowded
characteristic
feasible

What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'?

Reported statements (Reported speech) | How to use "at + TIME"?
What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 18, 2006 19:30 pm   What is the difference between 'web' and 'net'?

Hi, I m fresh here.

Could anyone help me on Web versus Net?

When can we use 'web', when 'net'??

Thanx~~
Testtest

Hi, WEB vs. NET #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 18, 2006 20:51 pm   Hi, WEB vs. NET

Hi testtest

I assume you're talking about the Internet and the World Wide Web? I also assume you haven't discovered online dictionaries yet. :lol:

You can find information about the two online. ;)
For example:
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/Internet.html
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/World_Wide_Web.html

Technically speaking, the two are different. The (World Wide) Web might be seen as a part of the (Inter)net.
http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2002/Web_vs_Internet.asp
But the average "non-expert" with an internet connection probably uses "the Net" and "the Web" interchangeably in many or even most sentences.

One usage difference that comes to mind would be "I have a high speed Internet connection". (I would not use "web" in that sentence.)

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Between 15 and 25 :: from 15 to 25Meaning: would you mindWide variability across destinations and regionsWhat is the meaning of "nothing to do with"Relative clause: omission of thatThe usage of TELL/SAYGrammar structure of "seeing is believing"Difference between 'just' and 'only'The person who is always in a hurry!Understanding two sentences from a book about Mother TeresaBillion vs. milliardExpression: "a tea" or "tea"Use of "too"