forward; in advance
especially
ahead
apparently
rather

Lite vs. light

Meaning of "is to pull" and "foray" | Courage and determination (is/are)
Lite vs. light #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:37 am   Lite vs. light

Good morning my friends. What do you think is the difference between lite and light? To me, light is the conventional spelling of the adjective whereas lite is used in connection with a specific product version. (similar to through and thru)

Please share your thoughts on this with me.

TOEIC short conversations: A couple are discussing how to buy movie tickets more quickly.

Lite #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:58 am   Lite

'Lite' reminds me of some kind of American cartoon slang. Other than that, I think I've only seen it on American product labels. It also seems like a more 'logical' spelling than 'light'!

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
The football team will never has its dayImprove or Improving?Trouble and Stop with optional prepositionsExpression: Try as I might, I could not convince herExplanation of inviting, to be held and being heldExpression: 'Know beyond comfort zone'Indefinite article: FAMOUS versus CELEBRITYThe meaning of "well-off"The verb EXCUSEExpression: Not much that he is sorry!Expression: My bookshelf can ... 100 booksWhy "he would"? Why not "he will"?Use of low, less, short, lower, lesser, shorter