Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

amount of money that has been borrowed; something borrowed; act of giving temporarily
creditor
loan
point
expectation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Does the word 'superpower' require the article 'a'? | what and when is "to be + V-ing" being used?
listening exercisestell a friend
$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 am   $1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars

1. It's one thousand five hundred dollars.
2. It's one thousand and five hundred dollars.
#1 is correct. Is #2 also acceptable?
Thanks a lot for your reply.

$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 am   $1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars

Hi Sitifan

Sentence 1 is better.
I would not use the wording in sentence 2.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Does the word 'superpower' require the article 'a'? | what and when is "to be + V-ing" being used?
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
The Customs have discovered a large amount of illegal drugs?Can i use employee's position in the companyParagraph correction: Employee is allowed to fill in the Company Contingency...Get the Date employee joining the companyType of car employee use or used?will be doing v.s. will doa double negative?Punctuation: How commas and semi colons are used in written English?Usage of 'mortally'Usage of 'absolutely'"What is the matter with you?" - Is it right?Oracle employees? Is that correctUsage of way, means, approach, method