amount of money that has been borrowed; something borrowed; act of giving temporarily
creditor
loan
point
expectation

$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars

Does the word 'superpower' require the article 'a'? | what and when is "to be + V-ing" being used?
$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 am   $1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars

1. It's one thousand five hundred dollars.
2. It's one thousand and five hundred dollars.
#1 is correct. Is #2 also acceptable?
Thanks a lot for your reply.
_________________
Thank you very much for your reply.
Sitifan

Location: Taiwan

$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 am   $1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollars

Hi Sitifan

Sentence 1 is better.
I would not use the wording in sentence 2.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The Customs have discovered a large amount of illegal drugs?Can i use employee's position in the companyParagraph correction: Employee is allowed to fill in the Company Contingency...Get the Date employee joining the companyType of car employee use or used?will be doing v.s. will doa double negative?Punctuation: How commas and semi colons are used in written English?Usage of 'mortally'Usage of 'absolutely'"What is the matter with you?" - Is it right?Oracle employees? Is that correctUsage of way, means, approach, method