Make your Site fast loading
People surfing the internet are rather impatient. Therefore your website shouldn''t take longer than 15 seconds to load assuming that many people still rely on dial-up internet connections. Slava has spent a great deal of time to minimize the size of our start page. Especially the graphics on our site are very small.
Speaking of graphics: Almost 40% of our users have their graphics turned off because they want to save money and time. Webpages load much faster without graphics. That''s why you should use the «ALT attribute» a text equivalent to your graphics.
A text equivalent brings the following benefits to your web site and its visitors in the following common situations:
Offer Easy Navigation and Good Structure
- Nowadays, web browsers are available in a very wide variety of platforms with very different capacities; some cannot display images at all or only a restricted set of type of images; some can be configured not to load images.
- If your code has the alt attribute set in its images most of these browsers will display the description you gave instead of the images.
- Some of your visitors cannot see images, be they blind, color-blind, short-sighted; the alt attribute is of great help for those people that can rely on it to have a good idea of what''s on your page.
- Search engine bots (servers that index webpages following a specific algorithm) belong to the above two categories: If you want your website to be indexed as well as it deserves, the «ALT attribute» make sure that they won''t miss important sections of your pages.
As outlined above it is vital that you break the contents of your entire website into categories and subcategories if necessary. Give each category a short yet descriptive name and arrange them in a logical order. You can show the structure of your website to your friends and acquaintances and ask them to test it. Just allow them to look at your start page for 15 seconds and see afterwards how much of the information they have absorbed. They should be able to name at least most of the categories/links. Then you can have them take a second, closer look at your website to check how many questions they have about the information presented.
Make sure your user can return to the main menu (your start page) from any subpage with one single click. For a number of reasons we recommend you not to use a website with frames. Here is why:
- There are still many people with browsers that cannot handle frames properly.
- Frames usually break your screen into sections that are divided by scroll bars which reduce the space you can use for information.
- If it is possible to avoid scroll bars in a frame window then you probably can do without frames altogether.
- Many search engines still cannot handle websites with frames which means your webpages won''t get indexed properly.
You can download the e-book here:
Free Internet Marketing e-Book
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.
Author: Torsten Daerr & Alan Townend