1. Aruba is a predominately Catholic country that observes
religious holidays. Most businesses close on those days.
2. It was built as a wedding present for the bride and
resembles a wedding cake.
3. Many people are under the false impression that it was
the same ship that received a distress call from the
Titanic, but the boat sunk off the shore of Aruba is
a fruit boat with the same name: the U.S.S. California.
4. One story is that the name came from the Spanish phrase,
5. It was built and used in Holland, then dismantled and
shipped to Aruba.
6. Napoleon tried to take over the island in that valley.
7. A Bohemian lifestyle means very few rules are followed
and a person often travels from town to town. Sometimes
the children do not attend school.
8. He seems to be wearing make-up and a toupee.
9. A captain is the law on his ship. He can marry couples,
and have individuals arrested.
10. Open discussion of where people would like to travel.
Answers will vary.
All names used in this story are fictitious.Buy these lesson plans at English-test.net
How does this episode strike you? Please use the forum to get in touch with the author of the story and your fellow readers. Here is the right place to do so A Travel Adventure (reviews and comments)Table of contents
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.