1. I don''t want to change anything in the business; I like the
2. Wearing a formal gown to the dance was much more
than wearing a pant suit.
3. I know Vicki has a lot of money, but that''s no reason to act like a
4. It was fun to watch the three year old child
to the music.
5. Although I stopped speaking Swedish as a two year old child,
the language was still embedded in my mind.
6. Why don''t you just follow the printed directions? Then you won''t have so many
in building the book shelves.
7. John spends money like there is no end to it, so I wasn''t surprised when he declared
8. Jennie showed great
when she listened to Gene''s struggle to recover from the car accident.
9. The day before the wedding, there was a
of last minute activity.
10. David is a wealthy man, so his only daughter''s wedding was
in every detail.
11. Will the trial ever end? It has been
for three months!
12. The ethnic jokes the comedian told were not
for the mixed culture banquet. He used very poor judgment.
13. Eric''s humorous lectures on the behavior of some people in society has made him a popular
at the university.
14. Eating chicken with your hands is considered poor
in some restaurants.
15. The spoiled child has a way of
her father by crying when she wants a new toy.
16. Paul showed no remorse for setting fire to his parent''s car when they would not let him drive it. The doctor told them their son needed treatment as he was a
17. Since we share so many interests, Dieter and I
from the first time we met.
18. Scott was worried about completing his assignment on time; the
was a total of 15 days before it was due.
19. Judge Mathias ordered the manager to live in his former tenets unheated apartment for two weeks so he would experience living
20. Mike really saved the company from going bankrupt with his innovative idea! Did you hear him
when he made that suggestion?
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.