Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

offer; plan; theory; problem
midmorning
apology
proposition
dietician
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Stunning Passive Voices

ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about?
A women's rights advocate | Materials with advice for practising English
listening exercises
Stunning Passive Voices #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 am   Stunning Passive Voices

I love reading and writing passive voices.

I found this one is extraordinarily beautiful.

People are encouraging the Prime Minister to sack the Environment Minister, Maggie Long,after someone revealed that she had received payments from a major oil company. However, in a statement today, the Prime Minister said:"My advisers tell me that the company paid Mrs. Long the money before she joined the government. I have no intention of dismissing her."

I couldn't do it. So my teacher helped me rewrite it. Thanks goodness!

The Prime Minister is being encouraged to sack the Environment Minister, Maggie Long, after it was revealed that she had received payment from a major oil company, However, in a statement today, the Prime Minister said: " I was told by my advisers/ I am advised that Mrs. Long was paid the money by the company before she joined the government. I have no intention of dismissing her."

Beautiful?

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Stunning Passive Voices #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 am   Stunning Passive Voices

Dear Bees,

Do we have passive voices for Perfect Continuous tenses? Some say Yes, but some don't.

e.g- My wife has been continuously nagging at me for my low income.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Stunning Passive Voices #3 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am   Stunning Passive Voices

Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin wrote:
Dear Bees,

Do we have passive voices for Perfect Continuous tenses? Some say Yes, but some don't.

e.g- My wife has been continuously nagging at me for my low income.

kind regards.

Dear Kyaw,

women don't nag their husbands, they encourage them!

Claudia
Cgk
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Stunning Passive Voices #4 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 pm   Stunning Passive Voices

Dear Claudia,

Do they? Really? You must be one of them.

So, I can write like this : ' Men are/have been/are being encouraged by women all over the world'. Great.

Thank you Claudia.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin
I'm a Communicator ;-)

A women's rights advocate | Materials with advice for practising English
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Happy 4th of JulyUncle Mas, You are losing Burma again to Mr. Anchi.Congratulations Mr. Yuri!Basics of EnglishWho are the most powerful stakeholders of a business?How to live to the fullest?How I acquire English wordsThe Asians' World?Conducive to, the phrase I learned from the Iron Lady.I wanna say some thing about flowersRain!What do you think of 'poverty in the world'?What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?