offer; plan; theory; problem
midmorning
apology
proposition
dietician

Stunning Passive Voices

A women's rights advocate | Materials with advice for practising English
Stunning Passive Voices #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 am   Stunning Passive Voices

I love reading and writing passive voices.

I found this one is extraordinarily beautiful.

People are encouraging the Prime Minister to sack the Environment Minister, Maggie Long,after someone revealed that she had received payments from a major oil company. However, in a statement today, the Prime Minister said:"My advisers tell me that the company paid Mrs. Long the money before she joined the government. I have no intention of dismissing her."

I couldn't do it. So my teacher helped me rewrite it. Thanks goodness!

The Prime Minister is being encouraged to sack the Environment Minister, Maggie Long, after it was revealed that she had received payment from a major oil company, However, in a statement today, the Prime Minister said: " I was told by my advisers/ I am advised that Mrs. Long was paid the money by the company before she joined the government. I have no intention of dismissing her."

Beautiful?

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Stunning Passive Voices #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 am   Stunning Passive Voices

Dear Bees,

Do we have passive voices for Perfect Continuous tenses? Some say Yes, but some don't.

e.g- My wife has been continuously nagging at me for my low income.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Stunning Passive Voices #3 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am   Stunning Passive Voices

Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin wrote:
Dear Bees,

kind regards.

Dear Kyaw,

women don't nag their husbands, they encourage them!

Claudia
Cgk

Location: Franconia, Germany, Illinois, USA

Stunning Passive Voices #4 (permalink) Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 pm   Stunning Passive Voices

Dear Claudia,

Do they? Really? You must be one of them.

So, I can write like this : ' Men are/have been/are being encouraged by women all over the world'. Great.

Thank you Claudia.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Happy 4th of JulyUncle Mas, You are losing Burma again to Mr. Anchi.Congratulations Mr. Yuri!Basics of EnglishWho are the most powerful stakeholders of a business?How to live to the fullest?How I acquire English wordsThe Asians' World?Conducive to, the phrase I learned from the Iron Lady.I wanna say some thing about flowersRain!What do you think of 'poverty in the world'?What are the worst countries regarding to Human trafficking?