Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

arrogant; haughty; magnificent; impressive
whole
select
bonded
proud
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Must be wealthy VERSUS must be millionaire

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of "the spirit of the season" | Shoudn't it be 'his students' instead of 'their students'?
listening exercises
Must be wealthy VERSUS must be millionaire #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 04, 2006 19:26 pm   Must be wealthy VERSUS must be millionaire

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #141 "Expressions and phrases with money", question 6

Alan's parents must be .......... They've just bought him a new car.

(a) penniless
(b) wealthy
(c) millionaire
(d) bankrupt

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #141 "Expressions and phrases with money", answer 6

Alan's parents must be wealthy. They've just bought him a new car.

Correct answer: (b) wealthy

Your answer was: incorrect
Alan's parents must be millionaire. They've just bought him a new car.

I don't understand why can't I use millionaire. It's because millionaire is singular?

Kirill
Kirill

Must be wealthy VERSUS must be millionaire #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 04, 2006 21:01 pm   Must be wealthy VERSUS must be millionaire

That's right, English Learner, a noun would have to be written in the plural form:

Alan's parents must be millionaires.
Conchita
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of "the spirit of the season" | Shoudn't it be 'his students' instead of 'their students'?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"to roam" instead of "to stalk""to worry" versus "to be worried"'adapt to' vs. 'match'Can we use ON instad of FOR?On monday BUT NOT on the day after tomorrow? Why?Meaning of "take it easy"Meaning of detersMeaning of estheticianMeaning of reelsExplanation of 'pigeonhole'"rise up" vs. "get up"Meaning of 'mitigate'Why I can't use "do you feel hungry"?