binding; compelling; must be done; necessary
obligatory
widespread
enthusiastic
eligible

Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant'

What does 'cold hard cash' mean? | difference between "pool" and "collect"
Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant' #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:27 am   Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant'

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Double Speak in Job Titles", question 4

George is in the food business now. He is an Executive Snack Route Consultant.

(a) a restaurant cheff
(b) a potato chip delivery truck driver
(c) a chief
(d) a waiter

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Double Speak in Job Titles", answer 4

George is in the food business now. He is a potato chip delivery truck driver.

Correct answer: (b) a potato chip delivery truck driver
_________________________

what is Executive Snack Route Consultant?

Lopez
Lopez

Simple professions #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 07, 2006 15:21 pm   Simple professions

As indicated in the test answer, an Executive Snack Route Consultant is a potato chip delivery truck driver. The second expression doesn't sound half as prestigious, does it :lol: ? It doesn't even have the right to capital first letters! To put it in even plainer words, it's someone who delivers potato chips by lorry (or truck).

I'd say this is a perfect example of what an inferiority complex can do to some people, who will go to great (and ridiculous!) lengths to embellish names of professions and positions.

PS: Also, calling a newspaper delivery boy a 'media courier' is way over the top :shock: :lol: !

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant' #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 11, 2011 23:56 pm   Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant'

I totally agree. . A potato chip delivery truck driver best describes a potato chip delivery truck driver than the other options.

This way, you can make your position sounds high than giving the real one. Lol

Delivery Food in Miami
Fit2go

Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant' #4 (permalink) Sat Nov 12, 2011 0:01 am   Meaning of 'Executive Snack Route Consultant'

hey Torsten .i made all test number 10 without any mistakes.....i have a request to you.Could you send me lessons more often and more difficult?
Not because this lessons are not important for me but i think i need lessons more difficult...... and i wish you a good weekend.
Lindi

pay a tollreluctanceit is important to considerNeverto work twelve-hour shiftsYou couldn't get a cigarette paper in between them?How is hard-pressed different from hard-core?What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"?Why use "distinction" in this sentence?Based on income?What is the difference between "fill in" and "fill out"?Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recentlyMeaning of hard-bitten