amount of money that has been borrowed; something borrowed; act of giving temporarily
creditor
loan
point
expectation

Can we use ON instad of FOR?

"to worry" versus "to be worried" | "to roam" instead of "to stalk"
Can we use ON instad of FOR? #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:30 pm   Can we use ON instad of FOR?

ESL/EFL Test #203 "Prepositions of Time and Date (1)", question 9

I don't have any plans ......... Thanksgiving Day because my entire family lives overseas.

(a) for
(b) in
(c) about

ESL/EFL Test #203 "Prepositions of Time and Date (1)", answer 9

I don't have any plans for Thanksgiving Day because my entire family lives overseas.

Correct answer: (a) for

I don't have any plans in Thanksgiving Day because my entire family lives overseas.
_________________________

Can we use on instead of for?
and what is the meaning of "for" in thiis sentence?

Lipezk
Lipezk

Can we use ON instad of FOR? #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 am   Can we use ON instad of FOR?

.
Here you could use on, thus specifying the date. For here is used "in the most general sense, indicating that in consideration of, in view of, or with reference to, which anything is done or takes place.'
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of gaffeExpressions: 'be out like a light' and 'spark out'Get around to doing something (gerund)Meaning of whippingExpression: "On Saturday night"Meaning of "foxy"Meaning of 'cream of the crop'Significance of 'does' -- Where it comes in to the usage?When do we use fault, error, blunder?'adapt to' vs. 'match'On monday BUT NOT on the day after tomorrow? Why?Meaning of "take it easy"Meaning of deters