Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

petition; instance of asking for something; something that is asked for; object of a petition
substitute
fizzle
request
concern
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "let's shake on that"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
When to use annouce in stead of said? | What does "be of a like mind" mean here?
listening exercises
Meaning of "let's shake on that" #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:32 am   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Ways of agreeing", question 6

Let's ......... on that.

(a) control
(b) shake
(c) handle
(d) wave

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Ways of agreeing", answer 6

Let's shake on that.

Correct answer: (b) shake

Your answer was: incorrect
Let's handle on that.

I don't understand:

What does "let's shake on that" mean?

Leila
Leila

Meaning of "let's shake on that" #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:00 am   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

Hi

In the sentence, the word "shake" refers to shaking hands with somebody. Since people often shake hands when they come to a final agreement, the sentence basically means "Let's agree on that."

Amy

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "let's shake on that" #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 18:46 pm   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

we get used also to say: to control on sth, why can't it be here?
thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Meaning of "let's shake on that" #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 19:21 pm   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

I don't understand when you would use 'to control on', Saneta. Perhaps you could provide an example of the sort of thing you are thinking about.
Language Coach

When to use annouce in stead of said? | What does "be of a like mind" mean here?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
to travel light -- to travel without much luggagehow he would stick it outhis cows broke into the grain binCan you hold a moment?I couldn't care less.preposition at/on/in in the example How I got that joba litter of puppiesMeaning of "you can count on me"difference between leave and departHow to pronounce 'one'?closing vs. stopping a meetingWhat does "likewise" mean?Meaning of "we mustn't leave it so long next time"