petition; instance of asking for something; something that is asked for; object of a petition
substitute
fizzle
request
concern

Meaning of "let's shake on that"

When to use annouce in stead of said? | What does "be of a like mind" mean here?
Meaning of "let's shake on that" #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:32 am   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Ways of agreeing", question 6

Let's ......... on that.

(a) control
(b) shake
(c) handle
(d) wave

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Ways of agreeing", answer 6

Let's shake on that.

Correct answer: (b) shake

Let's handle on that.
_________________________

I don't understand:

What does "let's shake on that" mean?

Leila
Leila

Meaning of "let's shake on that" #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:00 am   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

In the sentence, the word "shake" refers to shaking hands with somebody. Since people often shake hands when they come to a final agreement, the sentence basically means "Let's agree on that."

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "let's shake on that" #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 18:46 pm   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

we get used also to say: to control on sth, why can't it be here?

Meaning of "let's shake on that" #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 19:21 pm   Meaning of "let's shake on that"

I don't understand when you would use 'to control on', Saneta. Perhaps you could provide an example of the sort of thing you are thinking about.
_________________

to travel light -- to travel without much luggagehow he would stick it outhis cows broke into the grain binCan you hold a moment?I couldn't care less.preposition at/on/in in the example How I got that joba litter of puppiesMeaning of "you can count on me"difference between leave and departHow to pronounce 'one'?closing vs. stopping a meetingWhat does "likewise" mean?Meaning of "we mustn't leave it so long next time"