to a greater distance; more; in addition
apart
last
further
enough

Expression: "On Saturday night"

Meaning of "foxy" | Meaning of whipping
Expression: "On Saturday night" #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:38 am   Expression: "On Saturday night"

ESL/EFL Test #206 "Prepositions of Time and Date (4)", question 5

......... Saturday night, we went to a great movie and then had supper with the Johnsons.

(a) For
(b) On
(c) In

ESL/EFL Test #206 "Prepositions of Time and Date (4)", answer 5

On Saturday night, we went to a great movie and then had supper with the Johnsons.

Correct answer: (b) On
_________________________

why on sunday?

Thommy
Thommy

Expression: "On Saturday night" #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:50 am   Expression: "On Saturday night"

You need to use on when you have a day of the week or the name of a holiday followed by morning, afternoon, evening, or night

on Monday morning
on Thursday afternoon
on Friday evening
on Christmas morning

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "foxy" | Meaning of whipping
Meaning of spree'in the meantime' versus 'for the meantime'If you don't mind vs. if you don't careMeaning of "egged him on"Meaning of 'contorted'Meaning of gaffeDifference between prowl and strideExpressions: 'be out like a light' and 'spark out'Get around to doing something (gerund)Meaning of 'cream of the crop'"to roam" instead of "to stalk"Significance of 'does' -- Where it comes in to the usage?When do we use fault, error, blunder?