act of rescuing; rescued items
appearance
neglect
salvage
applicant

Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Expecting a baby | Trick or treat
Phrasal verb "to rake in" #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 16, 2006 22:28 pm   Phrasal verb "to rake in"

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", question 7

Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett must be making a fortune. They're clearly raking ......... over $1,000,000 a year.

(a) up
(b) in
(c) on
(d) out

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", answer 7

Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett must be making a fortune. They're clearly raking in over $1,000,000 a year.

Correct answer: (b) in

Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett must be making a fortune. They're clearly raking up over $1,000,000 a year.
_________________________

Hi, what does "raking in" mean?

thank you

zaghal
zaghal

To rake in #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 16, 2006 22:59 pm   To rake in

The phrasal verb 'to rake in' means to earn a lot of money. If someone is raking it in, it means that they are making a fortune.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Phrasal verb "to rake in" #3 (permalink) Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 am   Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Hi Conchita,
how do you do?
I am doing awfully poor in 'phrasal verb'. not confident. but no worry. I am up to tame it. would you please provide me a link which can help me.
thanks a lot.
Rishi070

Phrasal verb "to rake in" #4 (permalink) Sun Oct 12, 2008 22:19 pm   Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Hi Rishi, how do you do?

Maybe you could start with this list:

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/phrasals.htm

Have fun!

Re: Phrasal verb "to rake in" #5 (permalink) Wed Mar 23, 2011 14:51 pm   Re: Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Hi Conchita

It's really helpful for me.
thanx
:)
Manurikangara

Expecting a baby | Trick or treat
an attack of influenzaacross boundaries.at a moment's noticethe happiest moment of my lifelow portfolio turnover ratiothere was not much roomto point the beardthe greatest man in the worldIs it correct?beach ballthe window looked out onto the terraceIs scale the same as skin?party waste management....