Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

act of rescuing; rescued items
appearance
neglect
salvage
applicant
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Phrasal verb "to rake in"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Expecting a baby | Trick or treat
listening exercises
Phrasal verb "to rake in" #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 16, 2006 22:28 pm   Phrasal verb "to rake in"

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", question 7

Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett must be making a fortune. They're clearly raking ......... over $1,000,000 a year.

(a) up
(b) in
(c) on
(d) out

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", answer 7

Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett must be making a fortune. They're clearly raking in over $1,000,000 a year.

Correct answer: (b) in

Your answer was: incorrect
Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett must be making a fortune. They're clearly raking up over $1,000,000 a year.

Hi, what does "raking in" mean?

thank you

zaghal
zaghal

To rake in #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 16, 2006 22:59 pm   To rake in

The phrasal verb 'to rake in' means to earn a lot of money. If someone is raking it in, it means that they are making a fortune.
Conchita
Language Coach

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Phrasal verb "to rake in" #3 (permalink) Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 am   Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Hi Conchita,
how do you do?
I am doing awfully poor in 'phrasal verb'. not confident. but no worry. I am up to tame it. would you please provide me a link which can help me.
thanks a lot.
Rishi070
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Phrasal verb "to rake in" #4 (permalink) Sun Oct 12, 2008 22:19 pm   Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Hi Rishi, how do you do?

Maybe you could start with this list:

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/phrasals.htm

Have fun!
Conchita
Language Coach

Re: Phrasal verb "to rake in" #5 (permalink) Wed Mar 23, 2011 14:51 pm   Re: Phrasal verb "to rake in"

Hi Conchita

It's really helpful for me.
thanx
:)
Manurikangara
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Expecting a baby | Trick or treat
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
an attack of influenzaacross boundaries.at a moment's noticethe happiest moment of my lifelow portfolio turnover ratiothere was not much roomto point the beardthe greatest man in the worldIs it correct?beach ballthe window looked out onto the terraceIs scale the same as skin?party waste management....