Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

trouble; misfortune; evil; harm; disease; sickness
removal
ill
fair
interpreter
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Explanation: package to store left over food...

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Synonym of slapp | "coffee break" or "lunch break"
listening exercises
Explanation: package to store left over food... #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 17, 2006 21:59 pm   Explanation: package to store left over food...

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "English Idioms and Phrases", question 2

I went to a real nice restaurant yesterday. The food cost was cheap and they served a lot of food. I had to ask for a doggy bag because I couldn't eat the whole thing.

(a) package to store left over food so the person can take it home
(b) dog bowl so you can give the rest of the food to your dog
(c) special order where you get smaller meal sizes
(d) kid's meal

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "English Idioms and Phrases", answer 2

I went to a real nice restaurant yesterday. The food cost was cheap and they served a lot of food. I had to ask for a package to store left over food so the person can take it home because I couldn't eat the whole thing.

Correct answer: (a) package to store left over food so the person can take it home

please give me the explanation

Ahmad
Ahmad

Doggy bag #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 17, 2006 22:50 pm   Doggy bag

In some countries, where you are served very large portions in restaurants, it is not unusual to take home the uneaten food, to avoid throwing it away. At the end of the meal, customers can ask for a small bag called 'doggy bag', even if the leftovers are not always given to a dog!
Conchita
Language Coach

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Explanation: package to store left over food... #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 29, 2012 13:25 pm   Explanation: package to store left over food...

That's right! But the same thing is also called "left over". It means you can pack or take left uneaten food. But I can say this phrase is more informal and spoken American English!
Rontako

Synonym of slapp | "coffee break" or "lunch break"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
You have been the biggest disappointment this year.Don is the funniest guy I know!The Koala is actually not a bear despite what its name implies.a lot of usesCave vs cave inI want to show my appreciation,I think I am catching a cold. vs I think I catches a cold.pull over vs. pull inWhat is a lone wolf?Is "step by step" an idiom?difference between trend and fashionMeaning of "drum out"Meaning of voyage