secret; hidden; covert; stealthy; underhand
blithe
rueful
trivial
clandestine

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to student

TOEFLŪ essay samples: Do you agree or disagree with... | TOEFLŪ essay samples: People work because they need money to
TOEFL essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to student #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:09 am   TOEFL essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to student

TOEFL essay sample

Some students don't like doing homework everyday, while others prefer doing daily homework since the homework help them a lot. Different students may have different
preference. In my opinion, the students should have the daily homework, but not too much. I hold this opinion for several important reasons as follows.

First of all, homework, which is part of lecture, can help students review the lecture after class, and understand further about the subject. By doing homework, students could figure out those areas of lecture which they misunderstand in class. Then they can recall the lecture and try to understand those subjects. Even though after trying, they still feel confused, they can mark those areas and
ask for help from teachers. In turn, teachers can get the information from students. By reviewing the assignment collected from students, teachers could know some
information about the quality of their lectures, such as which area of the subjects should be
given more details to demonstrate and which function students should need more practices. In this sense, homework not only helps students, but also provides teachers an instant feedback of the quality of lectures. Homework seems like a bridge between students and teachers.

On the other hand, too much homework may ruin students' lives. Overload assignment makes students exhausted, and thus results in the opposite of our initial purpose.
If, we can imagine, students need to take 3 hours or more to finish their daily assignments after 5-hour school in the daytime, they don't have time to develop their hobbies which are very important for life that one could have. For instance, with studying all day, students have no time to practice playing sports, drawing cartoon or playing
chess by which they refresh their mind after school. At their young age, they work as hard as adults do. Moreover, the tired students have no spirits in class any more. For these aspects, teachers should not assign too much homework to students everyday.

In short, I believe that teachers should assign the daily homework to students, but should not assign too much to them. Because on the one side, homework helps students to master the subjects, and also helps teachers to adjust their lecture and improve the quality of classes; but on the other side, overload homework ruins students' lives, who, like adults, have their own lives.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an adviser in the university's work-study program
Quing

TOEFL essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to student #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:27 am   TOEFL essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to student

Hi quing,

I've made some suggestions in CAPITAL letters:

Some students don't like doing homework everyday, while others prefer doing daily homework since the homework helpS them a lot. Different students may have different
preferenceS. In my opinion, the students should have (the )daily homework, but not too much. I hold this opinion for several important reasons as follows.

First of all, homework, which is part of A lecture, can help students review the lecture after class, and understand further about the subject. By doing homework, students could/CAN figure out those areas of lecture which they misunderstand in class. Then they can recall the lecture and try to understand those subjects. Even though after trying, they still feel confused, they can mark those areas and
ask for help from teachers. In turn, teachers can get the information from students. By reviewing the assignment collected from students, teachers could/CAN know/GET some
given more details to demonstrate and IN which function students should need more practice(s). In this sense, homework not only helps students, but also provides teachers WITH an instant feedback of the quality of lectures. Homework seems like a bridge between students and teachers.

If we can imagine, students need to take 3 hours or more to finish their daily assignments after 5-hour school in the daytime, they don't have time to develop their hobbies which are very important for/THEIR FUTURE LIVES (life that one could have). For instance, with/BY studying all day, students have no time to practice playing sports, drawing cartoon/PICTURES or playing
chess by/IN which WAY they CAN refresh their mind after school. At their young age, they work as hard as adults do. Moreover, (the) tired students have no spirits/ENTHUSIASM in class any more. For these aspects/REASONS, teachers should not assign too much homework to students every day.

In short, I believe that teachers should assign (the daily) homework EVERY DAY to students, but should not assign too much to them. Because on the one side/HAND, homework helps students to master (the) subjects, and also helps teachers to adjust their lecture and improve the quality of classes; but on the other side/HAND, overloadINGhomework ruins students' lives, who, like adults, have their own lives TO LEAD
.

Well done!

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Thanks #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:33 am   Thanks

Thanks Allan.
Quing

TOEFLŪ essay sample: If you could change one important...TOEFLŪ essay sample: People who work hard and sleep late...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Always telling the truth...TOEFLŪ essay sample: The disadvantages of using science...I wanna start preparing for TOEFLŪ for my Masters programTOEFLŪ essay sample: The best way to learn foreign languagesWhat should I take - PBT or CBT?TOEFLŪ essay sample: People attend college or university...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Employ the youngTOEFLŪ essay sample: What are the characteristics of...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Is it more important to be able to workTOEFLŪ essay sample: What are the consequences of pollution?ToeflŪ score range 233 - 287