| #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 21, 2006 15:45 pm Usage of 'lose' in various tenses
It has the same meaning in any tense:
- allow to go out of sight
- miss from one's possessions; lose sight of
- fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense
- fail to get or obtain
- fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit
- fail to win
- suffer the loss of a person through death or removal
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
- be set at a disadvantage
- place (something) where one cannot find it again.
I lose/lost/have lost/will lose my money/my eyesight/the game/my sense of direction.
Native English teacher at Mister Micawber's
Joined: 17 Jul 2005