irrelevant; not related; not essential
compendious
facetious
candid
extraneous

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with...

TOEFLŪ essay sample: If you could change one important... | TOEFLŪ essay sample: Men or women are they better drivers?
TOEFL essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with... #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:48 am   TOEFL essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with...

TOEFL essay sample

Recently, in China mainland almost every media are tracking and talking about a female's life. This female is Wang Fei, who is a famous singer in China and Hong Kong. Her delivery is closing day by day. Then, there
are a lot of journalists who keep eyes on her and take shots of her. In our life, however, I think there have more important things that we should pay attention than a celebrity's life. As far as I am concerned, media should not focus on the personal lives of famous persons, they should pay more attention on the other meaningful things which improve our life, such as weather report, and street construction. I hold this view for several important reasons. I will explain in this essay.

First of all, media, such as television, newspapers and magazine, should reflect our society, including life, nature and social problem, not just a certain people's life. Our society is composed of person, nature and human activities. Also, some problems, which are relevant with our life, should attract attentions. For example, reporting
weather, traffic information and air-polluted situations frequently has more meaning than focusing on a personal life. Because by doing so, we can keep away from difficulties in our routine life, and our society can run more efficiently. Having informed the storms arrival, we can take a good preparation, like moving to a safe place and storing food; having imparted the traffic jam as soon as possible, we can circumvent the jam; having noticed the air-polluted atmosphere, patients can choose to stay in door and away from the allergic substance. In these cases, broadcasting or reporting the information, which relates to people's lives, are more attracting. As a result, the media
are more welcomed by the audiences or readers for their worthy information.

Secondly, celebrities are human too, and they desire to live a normal life, like us. Too many attentions from
media, audiences and readers will disturb them, or even bring danger to them. A good example is not far from Diana, who is the previous Princess of British. Also she is a beautiful lady, charming and elegant. One night, she had a car accident and passed away in it. It was said that at that time, she was trying to get rid of the journalists who followed her and made her uncomfortable. From this case, we can imagine, if the same situations happen to ourselves: whatever we say will be published on the second day; whatever we do will be exposed to the public instantly online; our families and friends, who just like a normal life ,
their lives will be exposed everyone in the world; in this life, we have no privacy, because as a public person, a celebrity, we have been exhibited to any one who sometimes are interested in us, and talk about us just for fun. Obviously, we will feel stuffy and pressure. So I suggest that the media should respect the famous people and give them free air and safe feeling. And for those journalists who enjoy detecting the celebrities lives, they should put their feet in those celebrities’ shoes.

From the statements I mentioned before, it is clearly to get the conclusion that media should not focus on the personal lives of famous figures. According to analysis above, If these media provide us with more information to improve our efficient society, and if they respect persons' privacy, they will be more welcomed by audiences and readers.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the Louisiade Archipelago host more bird species than the Hawaiian Islands?
Quing

TOEFL essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with... #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:14 am   TOEFL essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with...

Hi quing,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL letters:

Recently, in China mainland/IN MAINLAND CHINA almost every media are/WERE/HAVE BEEN tracking and talking about a CERTAIN female's life. This female is Wang Fei, who is a famous singer in China and Hong Kong. Her delivery? is closing day by day. Then, there
are a lot of journalists who keep eyes/AN EYE on her and take shots of her. In our life, however, I think there have/ARE more important things that we should pay attention TO than a celebrity's life. As far as I am concerned, media should not focus on the personal lives of famous persons, they should pay more attention on/TO the other meaningful things which improve our life, such as THE weather report, and street construction. I hold this view for several important reasons. I will explain in this essay.

First of all, media, such as television, newspapers and magazine, should reflect our society, including life, nature and social problemS, not just a certain people's/INDIVIDUAL'S life. Our society is composed of person/PEOPLE, nature and human activities. Also, some problems, which are relevant with/TO our life, should attract attention(s.) For example, reporting THE
weather, traffic information and air-polluted situations frequently ALL THESE HAVE/has more meaning than focusing on a personal life. Because by doing so, we can keep away from difficulties in our routine life, and our society can run more efficiently. Having BEEN informed OF the storm's arrival, we can take/MAKE (a) good preparation, like moving to a safe place and storing food; having imparted/BEEN TOLD ABOUT the traffic jam as soon as possible, we can circumvent the jam; having noticed the air-polluted atmosphere, patients can choose to stay in doorS and away from the allergic substance. In these cases, broadcasting or reporting the information, which relates to people's lives, are more attracting/SIGNIFICANT. As a result, the media
are more welcomed by the audience(s)/LISTENERSor readers for their worthy/WORTHWHILE information.

Secondly, celebrities are human too, and they desire to live a normal life, like us. Too many attentions/TOO MUCH ATTENTION from THE
media, audiences and readers will disturb them, or even bring danger to them. A good example is not far from Diana, who is/WAS A BRITISH PRINCESS the previous Princess of British. Also she is a beautiful lady, charming and elegant. One night, she had a car accident and passed away (in it). It was said that at that time, she was trying to get rid of the journalists who followed her and made her uncomfortable. From this case, we can imagine, if the same situations happen to ourselves: whatever we say will be published on the second day; whatever we do will be exposed to the public instantly online; our families and friends, who just like a normal life ,
their lives will be exposed TO everyone in the world; in this life, we have no privacy, because as a public person, a celebrity, we have been exhibited to anyone who sometimes are/IS interested in us, and talkS about us just for fun. Obviously, we will feel stuffy and pressure/RESTRICTED AND UNDER PRESSURE. So I suggest that the media should respect the famous people and give them free air and A safe feeling. And for those journalists who enjoy detecting the celebrities lives, they should put their feet in those celebrities’ shoes.

From the statements I mentioned before, it is clearly/CLEAR (to get the) MY conclusion IS that media should not focus on the personal lives of famous figures. According to THE analysis above, If these media provide us with more information to improve our efficient society, and if they respect persons' privacy, they will be more welcomed by audiences and readers.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Thanks, Allan #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 25, 2006 19:03 pm   Thanks, Allan

Thank you, Allan.
Quing

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Misunderstanding in exchange language...Is enyone was in TOEFLŪ iBIT soon?I need your opinion: should I try IELTS?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Sports or Art?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Movies and televisionTOEFLŪ essay sample: Sun RainTOEFLŪ sample essay: Some people pay money for the things...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Will the mouse eat books?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Boys and Girls should attend separate...TOEFLŪ essay sample: People who work hard and sleep late...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Always telling the truth...TOEFLŪ essay sample: The disadvantages of using science...TOEFLŪ essay samples: People work because they need money to